just a lie.

marys pov:

did y/n seriously hook up with someone after i fell asleep during the game? something about the idea of her doing that boils my core. how can she be messing around at a time like this? fucking jerk. and how she went out with someone else. we're supposed to be partners in this, we're stuck together she doesn't need to see other people. we're supposed to stay toge-

"listen—" she interrupts my thought.

"let's just say you won the drinking game last night." she giggles and pats my shoulder. confused, i roll my eyes and take her hand off.

"the fuck? so you left me and hooked up with someone while i was out?"

"no- oh lord you didn't get it." she looks down and scratches her head.

i'm so confused. what's going on?

your pov:

how the fuck am i going to tell her that these fucking marks are all because of her???

i sigh, looking up at the blonde staring at me, arms crossed. her eyebrow lifts as she makes eye contact with me.

i huff. "anyways, we need to start going to school to gamble your debt back, including votes. we're getting too behind."

i notice her eyebrow twitch as i say that.

"how the hell are you just going to change the subject like that, y/n? i'm not fucking stupid i see what you're doing." she grunts.

"why do you care so much? is it because you care?~" i tease, trying to play this whole hickey talk off.

she uncrosses her arms and lifts her hand up. confused, i tilt my head like a confused puppy and to my surprise i feel a sting on my face realizing she just fucking slapped me.

"what the-"

"i'm tired of your shit, y/n. from now on let's just stick with the truth. how are we going to work together if we're so secretive?"

"okay but why did you slap me??? you could've just said tha-"

"maybe that'll knock some sense into that dumb ass head of yours." she says with a slight smirk, still sorta pissed off.

"oh?" i wipe my face and sit down on the couch.
she makes her way and sits beside me.
i tap my phone and check the date.

saturday. 12:36 p.m.

we have no school tomorrow then.

marys pov:

i snoop on y/n's phone and see the date ontop of a few notifications. the notifications are blurry, but y/n seems to sigh and tilt her phone away from me answering one of the notifications.
obviously it's for privacy reasons, but i'm still annoyed she knew i was snooping over at her phone. the hell is she hiding? i don't even care though.

my annoyance fades after a few seconds of thinking.

what are we even going to do today?

"what's on your mind?" i ask eagerly.

"nothing really, we could plan out what to do at school, umm nap?? i know i need to go to target & barnes n' noble for manga. wanna come?" y/n replied quietly, still texting that person back on her phone.

"sure. but get your eyes off that damn phone." i grunt.

y/n smiles and looks up at me.
"what?" i say

your pov:

"oh nothing." i get up from the couch and pat marys head.

"just didn't know you cared so much" i continue to mess with her finding her reactions rather entertaining.