unexpected love

your pov:

during this election. there's no time for romance..
but i do know i am pretty relevant in our class. i have always been, i've just pushed it aside for my studies and gambles in competition against mary. since my ex girlfriend, i haven't involved myself in any romance either,
but ever since the election and we've worked together, i've started to notice all the girls and guys who look at me, try to start conversations, etc.
it makes me wonder if i want a relationship soon..
what am i even thinking?
i continue to cook our breakfast and check the clock.
it's 9 a.m.
marys still asleep.
i stare at the food and steam coming off of it for a few seconds then at my phone screen lighting up from notifications i ignore.
"mch. maybe i'm just touch starved but it's normal for teenagers to seek a partner.. right?" i mumble to myself opening my phone and looking at snapchat.
shit i've left so many people on delivered since the election started..
i decided to open this random girls message.
"you're pretty cute<3"
i look at the name of the contact. "yumemi"
WHAT?.. THE IDOL?!
this is my chance bro.. i know she can't get in relationships because of her career but we can still get in contact. i could meet the student council, get free tickets, and more..
she's cute too!
"thanks. you're cute aswell, would you wanna head to lunch today? out of campus ofc, i have a place;)"
and send.
i close our chats and continue making breakfast.
once i finished breakfast i see a notif from her again. when i slid the message open my heart skipped a beat. "As in a date? Sure!"
LETS GO.
i plan it out.
me and her text for a couple more minutes just having a conversation.
out of the corner of my eye mary comes in with my clothes on for pajamas grabbing her breakfast.
she looks at me and tilts her head. "who you texting"

i giggle. "a goodmorning would've been nice"
mary shrugs and continues. "you're barely ever on your phone so i'm curious.. also wanna watch a movie later, since our plan requires us to skip school for a while i'm bored."
"Nah i'm busy later." i say keeping my eyes on my phone and typing.

mary lays down her plate and sits on the couch beside me. "busy? we live together." her eyebrow raises.
"you really wanna know?" i say smirking.
"no shit." she rolls her eyes, smiling.
"i have a date later for lunch." i say proudly.
i see marys smile slightly fade and her eyes losing emotion. "what?" i ask. she looks pissed.
"Nothing. i'll watch my movie." she said turning around turning the tv on.
i shrug it off, but mary says one more thing.
"didnt know you were into dating this year."
she says in a low tone.
"usually not, but it's yumemi, maybe it can go somewhere she's cute."
"an idol too? wow." mary replies.
"good for you."
"Mhm." i say, still smiling and getting dressed.

**skip ahead to the date time**

"Alright i'll see you ina bit mary." "have fun."

**during the date**
i walk yumemi to my favorite restaurant down the block.
surprisingly, everything's going really well, she gets my humor and conversations flow smoothly.
**after we ate**
we are walking down the street and i decide to make the move of holding her hand.
when my hand slowly grabs hers, i look over and she blushes.
"this is great, y/n" she smiles and grabs my hand back. i smile and walk her close to my house.
"since you paid, i'll walk you home now." yumemi says happily.
"fine by me."

we continue walking and make it to my house. i knock on the door and mary opens it. she stares us down noticing us holding hands.
yumemi backs off a little and let's go of my hand.
i think nothing of it and see this as a time to meet eachother.
"yumemi.. meet mary, she's my roommate for now." i smile and grab marys arm. "what are you-" i cut mary off and keep talking. "i know she might look mean, but she's pretty sweet." i giggle as mary blushes.
yumemi smiles and grabs my hand towards her again.
"let's not be touchy to other girls okay.. y/n i want to have a good relationship with you."
i tilt my head in confusion, but before i could respond mary already started. "this was y'all's first date dont get all posessive, y/n lets watch the movie i wanted, i never ended up starting it." i nod and let go of yumemi's hand walking into my doorway. "byeee" i wave to yumemi and she waves back, with an annoyed look due to mary.
as mary shuts the door behind me she goes to sit on my bed and pats a spot next to her signaling me to sit with her, so i do.
she lays her head on my shoulder and sighs.
"you ok?" i ask. "you're usually not touchy." mary gets off my shoulder and smiles. "so what if i was, smartass." i get slightly nervous, feeling my face get pink. "Nothing. i mean it's whatever." i try to play it cool and marys smile just grows bigger. she then pushes my arm above her head and goes under, leaving my arm around her. "M-MARY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" i blurt out. "being touchy? i dunno you said it was whatever." she giggles. "oh y-yeah.. it's whatever, i mean i do have my own girl too." i say.
"way to ruin the mood." mary replies.
"what?"
"Nothing. lets watch my movie." she says scooting closer to me under my arm.
i cant help but get red, shes so close to me.
i've never really thought of her that way but.. she's being awfully touchy right now.

*authors note*
hope u enjoyed but guys i'm literally in sm pain i ate 8 cinnamon rolls and it hurts my stomach fucking hurts omg