memorable moments.

your pov:

"hey Y/N, ready to head to school?" mary asks tilting her head in confusion as to why i look stressed. she opens the bathroom door.
shit i forgot to lock the door.
i try to act normal and pretend i am fixing my hair or checking my appearance.

"i- uh-"

mary approaches me more intimately, and looks me from my face down to my feet. "what's wrong."

"nothing. i just-"

"tell me what the fuck is wrong, Y/N." mary interrupts me. i notice her eyebrow twitch from frustration.

damn she's one hot heated bitch.
scary too.
"i just can't find my wallet. that's it."

"where is the last location you had it on you?"

shit. do i tell her the truth?
am i stupid? of course i should, if she ever figures out i lied, i'm done for.
i mean, it's mary fucking saotome we're talking about.

"..." i let a little pause of silence flow throughout the room before i take a deep breath and respond. "in the student council room."

"IN THE WHAT-" mary's facial expression dramatically changes as i see a mixture of rage and shock cover her face. kinda funny to be honest with you, her cute face being upset is quite a view to say the least.

"you heard me-" i look down and put my hand on mary's shoulder. "-i'm sorry, mary. i didn't mean to." i bit my lip due to nerves, but mary grabbed my hand off her shoulder.
she started to rub it with her thumb slowly and gently.
in an attempt to comfort me with her touch, she warms up my hand with hers, aligning our fingers together as she looks up at me.
she then sighs. "it's fine. let's just figure this out, right?"

shes not mad???! HUH?!
i just nod as she lets my hand go and turns to head out the bathroom door and into the living room.
i fix my shit and follow behind her, sitting on the couch.
she sat right beside me and put her hand on my inner thigh, patting it. "soooo~. any luck with ideas on how to gamble the money back?" she asks in a sarcastic tone with a slight smirk.
"no. i had a little trouble going to sleep last night, due to SOMEONE being so touchy in their sleep."
"hmmmm... wonder who that was.." mary giggles in her reply. i cant help but smile. her laughter gave me a weird, genuine feeling of sensation and comfort when heard.
a little concerning to say the least, i don't know why she's been making me feel these weird emotions.
should i be upset or-?

——

marys pov:

i notice Y/N has been staring at me smiling with that cute sparkle in her eye, while i was laughing. why's she doing that? she looks so- intrigued by something.. or someone.
it couldn't be me though. not getting my hopes up. i've only ever been rude to Y/N. in addition to that, we have a history of rivalry and hatred between the two of us. so no.

cutting the silence and noticing my face getting hot from those thoughts about me and Y/N i decide to get serious again.

"alright, let's head to school?" i asked.
"mm.. do we have to go to school this early?? cant we do something and skip a few periods?"
what is this mischievous bitch planning.

"hm? what do you have in mind?" i tilt my head like a confused puppy looking at Y/N.

"wellll~ you know a couple things.." she says smirking, her eyes look as if they're heavy with slight eye bags underneath.

she must've been telling the truth about having trouble sleeping last night.

ugh. dammit. i guess i'll sympathize with her this once. i do owe her for saving my ass back there in the student council room. plus, we still need SOME time to relax, i guess.

"fine." i mumble with a sigh. i look at Y/N and see her eyes widen, face lighting up. "YAYYY!!! thank you maryyy~" she clings onto my arm and almost falls asleep when she closed her eyes, with her head in my lap.
she's so vulnerable and sleepy.
i smile at the view of her laying down on me and just let her rest, putting some blankets over her and just lying back relaxing.
i turn on the tv, (low volume) and just watch.
my eyes start to feel heavy as i close them and i pass out with Y/N sleeping in my lap, my hand in her hair.

——

your pov:

i slowly open my eyes, realizing i'm in mary's lap.
how'd i end up sleeping in her lap? and why's the tv going?
this must mean she was aware i was in her lap and placed a blanket on me to keep me warm, simply letting me relax, cuddling with her body warmth. i cant help but smile. that's so sweet of her, in all honesty no one has ever cared that much, even if it's a little.
i slowly sit up noticing she's still asleep. her hand falls out of my hair. i didn't even realize she was playing with my hair-

i feel myself blushing hella hard noticing what mary has done for me. she- she has to be someone special.

i get up completely, placing the blankets on mary this time. positioning her hands crossed on top of each other, on her lap for comfort.
i then walk over to check the time on the kitchen counter.

my house had my kitchen and living room connected, then in the middle was a hallway which led towards two bedrooms and a bathroom. one bedroom was completely empty and had no furniture or anything in it. it used to be my parents, who then passed and gave it to my sister. she eventually moved out and now it's just there.
mary sleeps with me in my bedroom as it's the only decorated, and somewhat taken care of room to sleep in.
anyways, i check the time. the time i fell asleep was somewhere around 6:30 in the morning. it's currently 11:42 a.m. in the morning on a school day and mary is still asleep.
i'm not going to ruin her sleep though, she looks so precious when sleeping. her mouth slightly open, and drool is resting on her lip.
she's so pretty without even trying.

i decide to get some shit done. starting off with lunch, i made me and mary some waffles for lunch, because i was in the mood and craving some breakfast food. i put whipped cream and a cut up strawberry on mary's. finishing off the plate with a napkin, empty cup, and a fork all laid out on the coffee table infront of her for whenever she awakes.

i sit beside mary on the couch gently, making sure i don't wake her up. i start to watch tv and place the syrup on the coffee table while i start to eat.

this is great. it's so peaceful.
i look back beside me to check if mary's still asleep.
she is, drool for real coming down her lips now. i quietly laugh, and use my napkin to precisely wipe off the drool. i smile as i take care of her, but quickly stop, realizing what i've been doing.

dammit Y/N. get your shit together and just finish your goddamn brunch.
i look back at mary once more and smile again.

i'm so happy right now.

*authors note*
i realize this chapter might not be as interesting as the rest, but it's important for the relationship between you and mary right now. you two are growing together and this is where it all starts.

i'll update this soon.