Chapter 14

A/N: BABIES!🥺 Your peasant author is back༼ つ ◕.◕ ༽つSorry for keeping you guys waiting ;-;

◕ ༽つ❤Sorry for keeping you guys waiting ;-;

"Are you mad?!"

The moment a fiery voice echoes in the hall, I look up to find his slight glimpse but only saw Namjoon alone.

Did he leave?

Behind me, small yet raged footsteps thuds against the floor. Upon that I absurdly stand up to look behind the boy, who hated and resented me most is angrily striding toward me.

Just because I agreed to hang my life on thread?

But that's not the problem right now. How did he manage to come down from the 3rd floor so fast?

...

Oh wait yeah! He can use his power now.

"I swear I didn't teach him that" Namjoon's voice echoes in my mind.

I thought he would launch at me and throw sarcastic remarks on my face in front of everyone. I quickly braced myself but his steps seemed to slow down but it didn't calm my racing mind as his serious gaze angrily pierce into mine. He finally stops and bluntly thrust his hand out.

My puzzled eye lands on his palm. My arms almost quaked to walk toward him but 'almost,' forgetting everything and run away...

But that's not my purpose of standing here?

When I didn't respond, he unexpectedly let his arm fall and take steady steps toward my direction until he was right in front of me.

Multiple bewildered eyes follow his arm lifting to grab my shoulder. I thought I would relax under his usual grip but my body reacted oppositely, tensing up. I almost winced because his grip felt stronger than before. "Are you serious? Do you have any idea it will cost your life?!" He asked louder than I intended, that even echoed for everyone to hear but he seemed careless about that as he clenched his jaw, controlling himself to spill out fire.

I shut my eyes tight and hang my head low, my face turning pale under his merciful yet erupted seethe. My mind screams to flee out at this moment but it will gain me nothing except for declaring myself as a coward. I, as princess, should at least prove my loyalty towards the kingdom.

Maybe I never seen him this angry. All those 7 years, I provoked and tested his patience but he never looked this anger.

I let out a shaky breath before lifting my head up and pulling out my best blank face "I know" I stated as matter of fact, sternly but in reality I gulped out of nervousness, feeling my palms sweaty. I could sense nearby mana of guards but they haven't caught him yet.