xix

note: the sentences spoken in this chapter will all be in english

note: the sentences spoken in this chapter will all be in english. any japanese spoken sentences will be italicized

9:23 a.m. japan standard time

🔴 liveㅤ   13,729 viewers

ㅤㅤㅤ
"we've played for a while now, yes?" sou glanced at his chat as he sees the among us avatars of his newly found friends run around in circles in the lobby room. "i think it's time to call it a day."

ㅤㅤㅤ
gforflower: NOOOOOOOOOOOO

ㅤㅤㅤ
"no?" he chuckled, sighing a little as he looks at his face on his mirror. "i look terrible, why is anyone still watching this stream?"

ㅤㅤㅤ
なはなさ: you never look bad! >:

ㅤㅤㅤ
"you never look bad?" another laugh escaped his lips. "i— uh, someone basically says that i never look terrible—which is true, in a sense, i always look good."

"soucchi?"

there it was again: his bad habit of reading the chats instead of paying attention to his friends in the discord call. he hadn't been streaming a lot, but he had quickly placed all his bad habits and quirks when it comes to streaming.

as toast called out to him, he unmuted his mic in a hurry. "yeah?"

"are you okay?"

"yeah!" he raised an eyebrow, glancing back to the room corpse was in. "did something happen. . ?"

"you were quiet for a while," rae chirped in — sou could almost imagine the frown on her lips.

"sorry," he rubbed the back of his neck, giving a joking look of disapproval to the camera, silently scolding his audience. "i was talking to my chat. what happened?"

"nah," jay then responded. "nothing. we were thinking of doing another round, but i gotta go."

"me too," corpse immediately joined in, and sou could recognize the invitation in his voice.

"i was talking to my chat about ending my stream too," his mouth shaped like an 'o'. "besides, corpse and i still had a lot of catching up to do."

a series of whines broke through his earphones, and sou felt something warm lighting in his chest. it wasn't like he was in dire need of friends — sou believed in the idea of quality over quantity when it comes to life companions, but still, it feels nice to have a group of people that doesn't want you to go.

"going already?" using a similar tone to rae, sykkuno spoke up. "we've only been playing for a bit—"

"yeah!" rae gasped, "you're making sykkuno sad, soucchi!"

"you literally have nothing else to do," lily joined in urging.

"come on, guys," sou groaned, "what are we doing right now? a gaslighting competition? let me goo—"

"wow, soucchi, what sort of power do you gave over these guys?" jay chuckled into the mic. "no one gives a shit if i come in or out a lobby."

"same," with a flat tone, corpse spoke. "this is sou's world, we're all just background characters."

"i'm literally just sitting here," he said, pouting. "my ass is hurting, i need to lay down. bye—"

"WAAAIT!!!" before he could exit the among us application, rae distracted him with her voice. "i want to meet you, soucchi. when are you going back home to japan?"

"i—" sou hummed, an eyebrow raised at her question. "i feel like this is a matter we should discuss in private."

"oh," he heard what it seemed like a slapping sound. "you're right."

"i'll be staying for a while, though!" he tried to lighten up the situation. "lily and i are gonna collab on something—"

"ARE WE NOT KEEPING IT A SECRET!?"

it was then sou's turn to slap his palm against his forehead. "YOU'RE RIGHT—"

"okay okay," corpse barged in the conversation. "i think you're tired, sou. we should go now."

"shit, sorry, lily."

"i'll get your ass once we see each other," lily promised, in a terrifyingly cute voice.

sou grinned at her threat.

"i want to do something with soucchi too," rae then whined, "sykkuno too— right sykkuno? right, right?"

"what the—" sou laughed at the panic in sykkuno's voice. "rae!"

"he was like—"

"uhh, rae," sykkuno cut her off, "we should— uhh— you know—"

"he's acting suspicious," michael said with a laugh, and sou laughed as well.

"well, whatever you want to say, send it to my discord. or to my manager, i guess," he raised both arms in the air, stretching his back. "i really need to find something soft for my ass."

writer's note:
sorry if it's kinda short. n bad. anyways how r u guys i missed u all ❤️