xviii

note: the sentences spoken in this chapter will all be in english

note: the sentences spoken in this chapter will all be in english. any japanese spoken sentences will be italicized

8:45 a.m. japan standard time

🔴 liveㅤ   8,239 viewers

ㅤㅤㅤ
"guys—guys!" as the chat filled with messages of complaints, sou groaned into his discord-muted mic. "listen, i didn't know that i was going live. rae texted me and asked for us to join the game."

he was sitting comfortable on the floor of corpse's living room, looking like shit with the table lamp lighting and built-in laptop camera. streaming on a coffee table was something new for him.

well, he had only streamed twice. . . but nevermind that! he was feeling rather adventurous that day, corpse was only a few metres away inside of his studio—sou assumed that he was streaming as well—and the thrill of playing among us that way was just unmeasurable.

as his eyes scanned the chat, one particular one caught his eyes:

さつし押し: i'm at work!

"i'm sorry!" he grimaced before sheepishly grinning at the camera. "uh—someone just commented, in japanese, that they are still at work."

he cleared his throat, "if you are at work or in school please turn this stream off—it's not worth it watching me right now," sou paused for a moment. "i believe you can rewatch the live, so you can always come back to it—"

"soucchi?" rae's voice suddenly cut through his explanation.

sou unmuted his mic in a hurry, "yes, rae?"

she squealed in delight, making sou chuckle as well against his mic. there was just something about her that makes the mood so much lighter and happier. maybe this is what they call a happy virus?

"how are you liking los angeles so far?" she asked as her red character and sou's brown one chased each other around the lobby of the spaceship. apparently, they were waiting for one more person to join.

"l.a.? hm. . ." sou hummed, eyes slightly going to the left to scan his chat. "well, i haven't been around well."

he blinked.

"i'm not sure if i'm allowed to say this. . . but the lack of rice in my brother's house is very concerning. for two days straight, the only thing i ate was oat with milk and some nuts."