iv

note: the sentences spoken and questions asked in this chapter will all be in japanese

note: the sentences spoken and questions asked in this chapter will all be in japanese. any english spoken sentences will be italicized.

ㅤㅤㅤ

1:45 a.m. japan standard time

🔴 liveㅤ   11,139 viewers

ㅤㅤㅤ
"i still don't know how these works," sou admitted to the microphone in a small whisper, as if abashed. "i ended up putting both japanese and english in the tags, also gaming and chatting. please correct me if i ended up doing this wrong."

the stream has been going on for about two hours—two hours of casually chatting with his japanese speaking viewers. sou couldn't recall the last time he did a qna session, he was pretty sure that it was back then when he was still starting youtube.

"there's 11 thousand people watching this live, i'm assuming a lot of you are in japan right now—thank you so much for staying up and watching this stream, this means a lot to me. and this is our first live too, guys!"

ㅤㅤㅤ

georgi01_: yo i don't understand a thing you're saying but you're cool dude

ㅤㅤㅤ

"thank you geogri-zero-one-underscore," sou let out a hearty laugh, "though since i promised that this part of the stream would be in japanese, i can't answer you in english. sorry about that!"

his eyes went over the live chatroom when a firework-like animation appeared in the middle of his screen.

ㅤㅤㅤ

pyonpyonpyon15 has just donated $20!
"thanks for giving us night people content to watch lol"

ㅤㅤㅤ

"guuuuys—" his voice came off whiney, but still a smile edged on the corner of his lips. "i told you that you don't have to donate or sub! this is literally—can you turn these things off?"

he quickly scanned the screen to find no button of the sorts, "i'll figure it out by the next time i stream, but i'm serious you guys. please don't feel like you have to give me money."

"but thank you, pyonpyonpyon15-san (roughly translates to: mr./ms. pyonpyonpyon15), that means a lot. thank you to you too for watching me ramble about nothing."

ㅤㅤㅤ

ぜえくん: it's almost 2 am!!

ㅤㅤㅤ

"you're right kazee-kun, it's almost 2 am! i wonder if corpse-san has sent me the link to their discord yet. let me check."

sou leaned back on his spinny chair, looking at his phone messages to find corpse's.

"ah, he has! hold on, let me just join the discord, aaand—" he clicked on the link, the screen of his phone turning into the screen of the discord application in an instance. "—here we go!"

ㅤㅤㅤ

ちひろ: you're always insulting him on twitter, but you call him 'corpse-san' when you speak in japanese

ㅤㅤㅤ

"well, corpse-san is someone i really respect you know? he's the first non-japanese musician i worked with and opened the door to for me to produce music for artists all over the world."

as he realised what he said, sou's eyes widened, quickly blooming at the camera with a finger on his lips, "oh, but don't tell him i said that!"

like a little kid, he giggled to himself.

"we still have around 10 minutes until 2 a.m.—"

ㅤㅤㅤ

hellieaちゃん: do you know that video of corpse and another streamer kissing in among us??

ㅤㅤㅤ

"kissing? you can kiss in among us—" he scrunched his eyebrows before gasping, hand on his chest, "—wait, he's CHEATING on me?"

in a flurry of overdramatized rage, he pulled up youtube on his browser after making sure that the viewers can see his screen. "we're all seeing this."

sou blinked. "what do i type," he muttered, fingers hoovering his keyboard for a moment before deciding on three keywords:

"corpse. among us. kissing."

as the results loaded, sou gasped again, "oh my god, he really is cheating on me. i'm going to watch this with you all, and you all too shall be the witness of his love affairs."

when he clicked on the very first video, what he didn't expect was the cheerful voice of a guy, "ah the nice picnic spot right here—looks great guys, looks great."

sou burst into laughter, "who is this person? his voice is so sweet."

he squinted, trying to see what the person speaking looked like with a large smile on his face, feeling like just his voice brought his mood into a good one. "i should've worn my glasses—i'll be wearing them when i play later guys, don't worry."

the screen then changed to corpse's point of view; "let me go give him a kiss real quick."

"ah," sou nodded, "here is the moment where he cheated on me—please write this down on your notes everyone!"

as the screen changes to the previous person's point of view again, sou couldn't help the smile on his lips, the back of his hand raised up to hide the laugh threatening to escape.

"everybody's been loving this clip where corpse like runs up and boops my head or something and leaves so ii just did it back to him."

"mhmhe has a cute voice don't you all think?"

his eyes slanted—fingers stroking an imaginary beard as he paused the video, looking straight at the camera with an earnest expression.

"who is this 'sykkuno' person?"