xiv

note: sentences spoken in the english will be written as it is

note: sentences spoken in the english will be written as it is. sentences spoken in japanese will be italicized

1:38 p.m. pacific daylight time

sykkuno. sykkuno. sykkuno. sykkuno. sykkuno. ouch that kinda hurts. sykkuno. sykkuno. sykkuno. ouch—what the hell was that—anyways; sykkuno. sykkuno. sykkuno. sykkuno. sykkuno. sykkuno. sykkuno—

sou, on his first morning (err, afternoon) in los angeles, was woken up with a glass of ice cold water thrown on his face.

he gasped, eyes shooting open only to grip his blanket tighter.

sen mitsuji stood in front of him, gaze bored with one hand holding an empty glass and the other dug inside his hoodie.

"wake your lazy ass up," he said, setting the glass down on the bedside table of the room he lended sou. "you've been asleep the whole day—"

"fuck you," sou groaned, pushing his face down but cringed when he felt how cold it was. "did you really have to do that? in the morning? i bet half the world's asleep—"

"half the world?" sen snickered, "it's almost two. get up before i drag you out of the bed, quick."

the encounter with this. . . sykkuno guy the night before got him curious, you see. as sou tried his best to open his heavy eyelids, he recalled the memories of the night before.

seven thirty was the last number he saw before dozing off, and so it must be the time that he fell asleep as well.

as soon as sou connected his laptop to the wifi of sen's residence, he uploaded his scheduled youtube video, then typed the simple word of "sykkuno" on the youtube search bar.

videos after videos popped up, mainly gameplays of among us. at first, sou tried finding one that has corpse in it, so he would feel familiar as he dove in the endless hours of among us streaming, but sou found himself lost in the guy's voice (and face, just occasional though).

he was funny—and that wasn't his heart talking, sykkuno really was funny.

then on his recommendation bar came a video—the one where apparently he was a guest in a podcast? sou wasn't too familiar with whatever the twitch video was supposed to be, but he watched the whole hour of it anyway.

interesting, he thought as he clicked on another video, this time where sykkuno was taking a love language personality quiz.

it was the funniest video sou had ever seen, not to be dramatic.

this went on and on and on, until morning light started to filter in the blinds. the dawn had turned into morning and only then that sou realised he fucked up.