vii

3:12 a

3:12 a.m. japan standard time

🔴 liveㅤ   12,521 viewers

ㅤㅤㅤ

it was his third game (well—fifth to the rest) of the night, and it was safe to say that sou was not getting the hang of it.

the maps were hard, the tasks were painfully long, and he had not gotten imposter. once.

sou is exceptional at lying to people, especially behind a screen, so he was hoping to get a chance to show off his skills to the chat, but the game was simply not cooperating with him.

this one. he promised himself that he was going to sleep after one more round. and this one should be the imposter.

sou crossed his fingers.

the imposter title flashed in the dark screen—sou and ryan, with sou's doctor outfit and ryan's little flower on his head.

the perfect duo! no one was going to know that it's them.

after making sure his mic was muted, sou looked at the camera in excitement.

"imposter. imposter. impsoter—oh my god, finally we're playing as an imposter, guys!"

the cafeteria of the skeld map showed up and sou could barely contained his laugh of excitement, "oh ryan, ryan, ryan. how are we going to do this, buddy."

there's a conflicting feeling inside of sou, he initially didn't want to follow ryan around, but he just realised that he practically had no idea in what to do. he didn't want to ruin the game for ryan nor himself.

"i'll just follow ryan around, guys, and hopefully we'll know what to do—" as they were entering the medbay that has poki and scarra doing their tasks, ryan swiftly snapped poki's head off. sou followed his lead and did the same thing to scarra. "—aha! a double kill in my first game as imposter!"

ryan quickly went to vent, but before sou could follow him, in came sykkuno's green body with a little leaf on his head.

sou froze.

"shit," he muttered, his brown character having a stare down with sykkuno.

the kill cool down wasn't going to be ready in another 20 seconds. sou swallowed.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"he fucked it up," ryan laughed, watching at sykkuno and sou's little staring competition. "ohhh, he fucked it up big time."

ㅤㅤㅤ

as the kill cool down was approaching 15 seconds, sykkuno left the medbay and sou took this chance to vent out of the room.

ㅤㅤㅤ

"you know what guys?" sykkuno glanced at his camera. "this is soucchi's first round as an imposter, we should give him a chance. i won't—i won't tell on him, that way he trusts me more, too!"

ㅤㅤㅤ

"he's going to tell on me, shit. shit."

sou exited the vent in securities, where ryan was studying the camera, and just as he was walking out of the room, a dead body was found.

there are a few things that took sou by surprise. first, how it was a body discovery instead of an emergency meeting. and second, it was lily who reported scarra's body instead of sykkuno.

"here we go, guys," sou sighed and leaned back on his chair. "my first among us game as an impsoter—and i fucked us over. i just hope ryan can do the rest without me."

"okay. . ." lily started off, "so i was going to take my samples, and it was a double kill! i found scarra and poki's body on the bottom of the medbay."

"we're doomed," sou breathed out, though slightly chuckling at how silly the encounter was. two dead bodies in the room you just walked into. what's more obvious, the sky being blue—or that?

"i have valuable information," ryan said, as if he wasn't one of the killers. "so i was watching the cameras, and just before lily entered the medbay, i saw sykkuno walking out."

sou blinked—ryan's pretty good.

"i was with ryan," sou tried adding. "just as i entered security and was walking towards the camera, lily reported the body."

ㅤㅤㅤ

"well guys, looks like they're putting the blame on me," sykkuno chuckled. "well that's okay, since soucchi is going to bed after this, we'll give him a youtube video!"

ㅤㅤㅤ
"and what do you have to say to that, mister sykkuno?" toast detective-esque voice cornered him, and sou felt a little bit sorry for the guy.

he muted the mic.

"guys—i can't do this." he turned to read the live chat, "i won't be able to live with the guilt. come on sykkuno, buddy, admit that you saw me—"

toast's question was greeted with silence.

"he's looking very suspicious, y'all. . ." rae commented and sykkuno let out a laugh. a laugh.

"okay, guys—i shall admit my defeat," sykkuno said with unmistakable pride, and everyone gasped. "i was the imposter and i killed poki—"

"hey—HEY!" sou cut him off, suddenly feeling very just, "i was about to let it slide but i can't just let you take the fall. i'm the imposter, eject me instead, you guys!"

"but i'm the imposter." sou couldn't see his face, but he was sure that sykkuno would be winking at him to just go along his little plan.

sou scrunched his nose, "wait—why are you—it's me! i swear, it's not sykkuno!"

"maybe it's the both of you—" before corpse could finish his accusation, ryan cut him off.

"guys, guys!" his voice settled the debate amongst the players. "fine—i am the imposter!"

a series of groans rang through the call.

"if we're all going to be like that, then i'm an imposter as well!" toast declared, and lily followed with a, "me too, me too!"

"guys!" rae shrieked, "the voting time—10 SECONDS LEFT!"

"quick, everyone vote toast!," sykkuno's cheerful voice could be heard with no sense of remorse or guilt.

toast gasped, "WHO SAID THAT—"

"SYKKUNO!" ryan quickly jumped on the sykkuno-is-imposter train. "SYKKUNO SAID THAT!"

"VOTE SYKKUNO OFF!" lily screeched. "HE'S THE IMPOSTER!"

everyone—including the man himself—voted sykkuno, while sou's heavy heart decided to click on the skip button.