19

The next day I woke up to the sound of my alarm.

Yesterday, I fell asleep while I was researching anything that might have to do with how to break a curse.

Although my research was unsuccessful yesterday, I will continue tonight.

Maybe I should text my girlfriend, it's been a while since we last talked, it's a little bit weird that she hasn't texted me either. I guess she must have been busy.

I left my room, as usual my roommate was awake before I was, even though she always starts college after me she always manages to wake up before me. I wish I was as motivated as her when it came to waking up.

"Good morning, how have you slept today?" she said.

"Let's say, I could've slept better. How about you?" I said.

"Fine but you better hurry or you're going to be late for class."

I look at my phone and indeed if I don't go now I'm going to be late.

"Well, I'll see you later and good day."

I walk fastly toward the bus station, just in time the bus arrives. Finally I arrived at my college, just in time before any of the class started.

Maybe I have time to speak to Yves or maybe I should look for my friends.

"Y/N! You're finally here, it's quite surprising actually. I thought you'll be late again." Of course it's Seunghee.

"I'm not always late. That was like twice." I said.

"What about the other time when we decided to hang out and you came in late?" Eunbin said.

"You're not helping my case are you?" she smiled at me innocently.

While on our way to class, my eyes met with my girlfriend. She was talking to Chuu. I think that was her name.

"You guys go ahead, I will go talk to Yves" They both nodded and walked away.

I walk over to her, she must have seen me because she tells something to the other girl, who then leaves her alone.

"Hi, how are you?" She asked me.

"Good, I've missed you so much. I'm so sorry for not texting you all this time." I said.

I tried to hug her but she politely rejected me. What is happening, normally she would have been happy. Something must be wrong.

"It's okay, I should go but later we need to talk. Please after class join me at the cafeteria." she said. She looked rather nervous.

We parted ways from each other, the whole conversation made me feel uneasy. Why was she acting so weirdly, I guess I will find that later although I don't know anymore if I want to find that out.

As I walked in the classroom the bell rang and everybody went to their assigned chairs. From afar I could see my friend waving for me to come. I joined them and took a seat, not long after the class started. As usual the teacher explained something to do with science but through the entire class I couldn't concentrate. I keep thinking about what Yves had told me, what exactly did she mean by we need to talk. It's usually never a good sign but she didn't remember doing anything bad, what if she got bored of her. It didn't help me that I tend to be rather pessimistic about everything and always see the worst in everything.

I keep continuously checking the hour on my watch, it seemed as if the time was frozen and just to think that after this class she had an other, this is just torture.

When the first class finished, I went by herself to her following class since I didn't share it with her friend.

And as I predicted the next class passed as slowly as the first or even more.

After I finally finished both of my classes I walked toward the cafeteria where Yves would be waiting for me.

As I was getting closer toward the cafeteria, my anxiety grew more and more each step I took.

When I arrived, she was standing near a table looking at her shoes. I joined her side and she slowly looked up.

"Hey." I softly said.

"Hi, please follow me. We'll talk somewhere more private." she said.

We walked for a bit until we found a quiet spot where we could sit and talk in peace.

For a while both us stayed silent not knowing what to say, making more tense than it already was. Until she finally broke the tension between us.

"I've been thinking about this for a while and I want to do the right thing for the both of us." she said. That left me even more confused than before.

"What do you mean?" What was happening

"Please let me finish, this is already so hard to do." she said with tears in her eyes.

"I think I might like someone else. At first I thought that if I just ignored the feelings they eventually would go away but as the days went on they kept growing. So I thought the best was just to stop hanging out with her because I couldn't do that to you. I loved you; but even after I stopped hanging out with her, I keep thinking about her. So I thought that as long as I didn't act on my feelings, I thought we would be okay, but that would be unfair for you and that would end up hurting you even more. So I think it's the right thing to do for the both of us. I'm so sorry." She said sobbing uncontrollably.

I myself wasn't in a better situation as I kept crying as if there was no tomorrow. Why does it have to hurt like and the worst is that I can even hate her.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for reading this chapter.

I hope everyone is doing okay and Happy New Year (late but better now than never.).

See you next time.