14

*Warning: there's violence in this chapter*

We walked in the room and Gahyeon immediately ran up to Jiu to check on her.

That's it he's dying today, I don't even care if I'm going to jail after it.

Behind me, I heard the sound of the door getting locked. I looked behind me and there was standing with a smile on his face.

Before he could do anything I jumped on top of him, making him hit the ground with his back and losing the key in the process.

Handong rushed to try to reach the key that he had previously dropped, but before she could go any further, he grabbed her by her foot making her fall.

Worried, I stopped punching him to see if she was okay, unfortunately that let him the chance to release himself from my grip.

He started to punch me in the face without mercy, I tried as best I could to protect myself from each punch but he was stronger than I was.I could feel the blood rushing up in my throat.

I closed my eyes so it would hurt less. Abruptly, he stopped punching me and not too far from where I was I could hear him grunt and someone else too. I reopened my eyes to Handong and him fighting, she was clearly losing against him. I had to do something, I can't let him hurt more my friends and then I remembered the pocket knife that I always carry with me just in case.

I searched in my pocket and there it was. I stood up the best I could even I felt like I was about to pass out.

I reached him, without him noticing me and I stabbed him on the back as hard as I could.

He backed away from her and a horrible cry came out of his mouth like as we were killing a beast.

He turned around to face me, my knife in his hand that he had taken out from his back and he stabbed me in my stomach.

Handong came back behind him with bruises and wounds all over her face and she kicked him in the back where I had previously wounded him.

He stumbled a bit forward and he gritted his teeth but he quickly regained his balance.

Furious he turned around and he violently pushed her to the ground.

I closed my eyes again, I didn't want to watch what was going to happen next. Then there was this horrible sound and then I didn't hear her anymore. Tears ran down my cheeks like a river. Then the sound of people struggling came back. 

I reopened my eyes and Gahyeon was bleeding next to her was Handong lying motionless on the ground. He was there in front of her, he looked like he was half dead, I mean I myself wasn't in a better position than him.

"Why did you kill my friend?"She cried.

"If I can't have her then nobody should." he spat out.

"I hate you." she cried

"I don't care" he whispered and he then stayed silent again.

I slowly closed my eyes and the pain was slowly going away.

"Dami! Dami! Don't leave me please. I'm going to find the nurse, you're goin going to be fine." her voice trembled. I closed my eyes again.

Then everything went dark and I couldn't hear anything.

After a moment a light came back on. I didn't think it twice and I followed to whatever that light will lead me to.

While Dami was following a new path, on the other hand Gahyeon was still fighting for her life.

"Come on work." Gahyeon said as she tried again to open the door but the door wouldn't budge again.

She slowly was bleeding herself out, she tried as hard as she could to make some noise but she slowly lost all her strength and little by little her eyelids started to feel heavy. She eventually had to left this and go join her friend who were patiently waiting for her.

Unfortunately the girls were founded way too late by one of teenager from the orphanage who later run to go get the nurse and the director but it was too late to save anyone.

I guess the director should have expected he was warned but he chose to not listen and now they were all gone but justice will be served.

Later that day the police showed up to the orphanage. That later led on to a larger investigation where they eventually found the missing girls buried in the forest near the building. The orphanage had no other choice but to close after the arrest of the director and the rest of the orphans were transferred to other orphanages nearby. Unfortunately that meant that all of the orphans of legal age were left without nowhere to go. 

What happened to the girls will forever be a mystery to the police and all the city will ever know about that case will be the rumors that were passed from mouths to ears.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for reading this chapter.

It's a little bit shorter than usual.

I hope you're all doing okay and stay safe.

See you next time.