~30~

Jim unlocks the door to the apartment.
He opens it to find it dark and empty feeling. Something feels off and he's instantly put on guard.

"Ember! Blackbeard! Kevin!" Jim calls as he looks around.

He hears Kevin bark and he lets out a sigh of relief.

Jim turns on some of the lights and slips his shoes off as he walks into the apartment. His head spins left and right as he looks around for Ember.

"Ember!" He calls again. Jim saw her car outside so he knows she's home.

Jim looks over to the balcony and sees her leaning against it.
He wants to smile but he has a feeling something's wrong.
Jim walks up to the glass door and places his fingers on it. His hand slides down to the handle and he pulls the sliding glass door open as he steps out into the chilly air. He shivers slightly as he closes the door behind him.

"Ember?" Jim says as he walks to her side.

Ember looks up at him and nods as she takes a swing of beer from a bottle in her hands.

"Hey," she says, anger evident in her voice.
Ember turns around and begins to walk back inside but Jim grabs her wrist and pulls her to him.

"What-," Jim starts before Ember pulls her hand out of his.

"Don't touch me right now. Please," Ember whispers. Jim can just sense the rage flowing through her.

"Sorry," Jim grumbles as he puts his hands up.

Ember walks into the house with her bottle in her hands. Jim sighs as he follows after her.

"How many of those have you had?" Jim questions as he tries to take the bottle from her.

Ember holds the bottle close to her chest and bites her lip.

"One," she mutters.

"Yeah right," Jim says as he follows Ember into the living room.

She sits down on the couch and stares up at him challengingly. He's never seen her like this and he's not sure what to do exactly.
Jim scratches the back of his neck as he looks away from her.

"Ember what's wrong?" Jim question as he stares down at her.

"Nothing. I'm great," she smiles as she brings the bottle to her lips she takes a long gulp.
Her eyes never leave Jim as she does so.

"Somethings clearly wrong," Jim says as he goes to sit down next to her.

Ember's eyes follow his every move, but when Jim sits down and stares at her she looks away and over into the kitchen.

"I made dinner," She says as she points over to the tray on the table, hoping that it will get Jim to leave her alone.

"So you're mad about dinner?" Jim questions as he looks over at her.

Ember smirks and Jim smiles.

"I'm not mad," she says defensively as she brings the bottle to her lips again.

Jim rolls his eyes and grabs the bottle from her, slamming it down on the coffee table as he stares at her.

"You are mad," Jim says as he stares at her.

Ember sighs and reaches for her drink but Jim pushes it even further from her causing Ember to groan.

"Can I just drink in peace with out being interrogated ever five seconds!?!"Ember growls as she looks over at him.

"No," Jim says plainly as he keeps his eyes on her.

"No? I'm going out then," Ember says as she stands up.

"Sit back down," Jim demands as he grabs her by the arm and pulls her into his lap.

Ember's taken by surprise at Jim's sudden actions.

"What's wrong?" Jim asks again as he strokes her cheek.

Ember feels tears prick her eyes and she growls.

"I don't want to talk about it," Ember tells him as she tries to stand up.

Jim wraps his arms around her waist, keeping her there.

"Ember. I knew today was going to be a hard day for you which is why I didn't tell you when we were at the beach. I knew you were going to be angry and upset and emotional but that doesn't mean you get to ignore me, walk out and have as many drinks as you want," Jim says as he stares at her.

Ember looks down. She feels like a little kid that's gotten in trouble.

"You don't have to tell me what you're feeling right now but you're not going to drink just because you're angry," Jim sighs as he pulls Ember's head against his chest.

Ember let's out a shaky breath as she hesitantly places her hand on Jim's arm.

"I hate him," Ember whispers, "I hate all of them."

"I know you do. I hate them too," Jim says as he places his head on top of Ember's.

Ember sits there almost lifeless as she fights so hard to keep her tears in. She's never liked crying in front of people, not even family.

"I'm sorry," Ember whispers as a tear falls down her cheek.

"For what?" Jim asks as his hand immediately wipes her tears.

"For being an asshole," Ember chuckles through her tears.

Jim snorts and shrugs.

"I mean it was definitely new but it was kinda funny," Jim smiles as he kisses the top of her forehead.

"You know I can handle anything you throw at me," Jim mutter as he gives Ember a squeeze.

"Don't get cocky mister. I might surprise you," Ember chuckles as she rolls over in his lap so that her back is against him.

Jim smiles as he rests his hands on her stomach.

"You're so demanding," Ember whispers under her breath.

"Why because I made you sit back down?" Jim laughs.

Ember blushes slightly, she didn't think Jim would actually hear her.

"Yeah. That was interesting," Ember chuckles as she gets comfortable.

Jim chuckles as he rubs her stomach.

"An interesting mood deserves an interesting reaction," Jim chuckles.

Ember smiles.

"Touché," she shrugs.

Even though Ember's calmed down a bit now she still has the urge to punch something but hopefully that feeling will subside in a little while.

"Can I finish my drink now," Ember pouts as she looks up at Jim.

"Was that actually you're first one?" Jim chuckles.

"Yes. I swear," Ember nods.

Jim chuckles and grabs it for her.

"Do I get a sip for being a good boyfriend?" Jim questions.

Ember rolls her eyes.

"Fine," she mutters.

Jim laughs and takes a swig from the bottle.

"That was more than a sip," Ember mutters as Jim hands her the bottle.

Jim just smiles and rests his head on top of hers.