~31~

For three months Ember and Jim went through the legal process to get Matthew put in jail. It took about two months before his fate was actually decided and put on documentation. They spent long hours at the court every Friday and Saturday. Ember didn't understand why they needed to have so many meetings to put him in jail, when the evidence was already solid but she tolerated it. Ember figured as long as he got put in jail then everything would be worth it in the long run.
A month later Ember and Jim received news that Matthew might get taken back to his country which would end his sentence in the untied states.
Currently, they both await  confirmation.
                                 ~

Jim holds Ember's hand lovingly as they both walk down to the mailbox. The sun is setting and Ember smiles as she looks up at the pinkish sky.
Even though the past few months have been stressful they have both found a way to cope and comfort each other.

"Jim," Ember smiles as she looks up at him.

"Yes baby?" Jim smiles as he looks down at her.

"Look at the clouds," Ember grins as she points at the wispy clouds that are colored a pinkish orange.
Jim smiles and picks Ember up so he can kiss her cheek.

"They're beautiful but not as beautiful as you," Jim chuckles as he plants kisses on Ember's face.

Ember chuckles and wraps her arms around Jim's neck as he continues to walk them towards the mailbox.
Jim sets Ember down so that he can search for his keys.

Ember pulls out hers first and puts them into the mailbox. She smirks and Jim just rolls his eyes playfully at her.
Ember opens up the box and pulls out her mail. There are only two letters in hers.
Jim unlocks his mailbox and pulls out two letter as well.

"Well it's official. This is the littlest amount of mail we've ever received," Ember chuckles.

"That's only because you rarely check your box," Jim retorts as he looks at the addresses on his letters.
Ember shrugs as she read the addresses on her's.

"I don't have it," Ember says as she leans against the mailbox and stairs up at Jim.

"I've got it," Jim smiles as he motions to one of the letters.

"Should we open it now?" Ember questions as she goes to reach for it.

"Not yet," Jim says as he moves it away from her.

"Hey! give it," Ember chuckles as Jim starts running away with the letter.

Ember chases Jim up the hill as he runs away with the important letter that they have been waiting months for.

Ember stops running so that she can catch her breath.

"No fair. I have short legs," Ember laughs as she walks up to him.

"Come here then," Jim says as he squats so that she can jump on his back.
Ember smiles and hops on as Jim's arms wrap underneath her legs.
She smiles as she wraps her arms around Jim's chest.
Ember rests her head on Jim's back as she bounces in sync with his footsteps.

Jim begins to walk up the stairs to their apartments and he chuckles as Ember buries her face into his hair.

Once they get inside Jim sets Ember down and they both kick off their shoes throwing them carelessly into the corner.

"Okay," Jim huffs as he sits down, "are you ready?"

Jim smiles as Ember sits down on the couch next to him.

"Yup," Ember smiles as she grabs the letter from him.

Jim grins as he watches her grab out a pocket knife and flick it open so that she can carefully, cut open the sealing.
She pops the envelope open and hands Jim the letter as she flicks her knife back in and sets it down on the coffee table.

"Okay," Jim says as he clears his throat.

"Matthew will be taken back to his country Monday next week where he will face a new trail to put him in jail," Jim starts.

"I'm not going to that trail. I don't even care. No more trials for me," Ember says as she puts her hands up.

Jim laughs.

"Yeah we won't be going to those," Jim smiles as he finds his place back on the page.

"A restraining order will be placed on Matthew. He will not be allowed to come within five hundred feet of Ember," Jim speaks as his eyes scan the page.

"Great so he can just snipe me," Ember says sarcastically.

"Don't say that," Jim chuckles as he reaches for his reading glasses.

"This font is tiny," Jim mutters as he puts his glasses on.

"A second restraining order will be put on Matthew. He will not be allowed to travel to the convicted state," Jim reads, "and a third restraining order will be put on Matthew. He will not be allowed to visit any place in the United States for any reason."

A sly grin creeps onto Ember's face as she tries to conceal her happiness.

"Matthew will also be placed on the no
fly list for every state in the United States. If he chooses to violate these restrictions and orders then he will be arrested and taken back to jail for an addition of five years," Jim reads.

Ember bites her bottom lip to keep from smiling.

"As of Monday next week the U.S. government will no longer be responsible for the punishments placed upon Matthew. The rest will be up to his home countries laws and opinions," Jim concludes as he sets the letter down.

Ember squeals and Jim's eyes go wide as his heart beat increases.

"Holy crap woman," Jim breaths as he places his hand on his chest.

"Sorry," Ember chuckles as she plops her head down in his lap.

"I'm so happy," Ember smiles as she closes her eyes.

"I'm happy too. We did it," Jim smiles as he strokes her hair.

Ember grins happily.

"All thanks to you," Ember says as she looks up at Jim.

Jim smiles and pulls her up so that he can kiss her face.
Ember giggles and presses her lips against his.
Jim quickly kisses her back and pulls her onto his lap.

"I love you," Ember smiles as she looks into his eyes.

"I love you too," Jim smiles as he pulls her into a big hug.

Ember grins and wraps her arms tightly around him.

"And you guys released you're new album! Time to celebrate!" Ember cheers as she hops out of Jim's lap and over into the kitchen.

Jim walks after her and helps her pour champagne into two glasses.

"To being the most badass couple ever," Ember laughs.

Jim chuckles and they both drink to that.