~20~

Ember got comfy on Jim's couch as he brought her some tea.

"Thank you," Ember smiles as she picks up the black tea cup and brings it to her lips.
The taste of cinnamon and apples hits Ember's tastebuds and she smiles.

Jim sets his coffee down on the coffee table and grabs a blanket.
He sits down beside Ember and wraps a blanket carefully around him and her, making sure not to irritate her stitches.

Ember cuddles into Jim and he smiles as he holds her close.
Ember yawn's as her eyes close.

"Sleepy?" Jim asks and Ember nods.

Jim lays down on the couch and wraps his arms around Ember as she snuggles into his chest.

Jim let's out a breath as he looks down at Ember.
He's so relieved that's she's okay but he can't help but feel he didn't do his job.
He feels he should have been able to protect her more.

Jim runs one of his hands through Ember's fluffy hair and he smiles down at her.
Her chest rises and falls as she sleeps peacefully in Jim's comforting embrace.

Jim brushes some of his hair out of his face as he frowns.
He can't stop blaming himself. He knows Ember wouldn't want him to but he can't help it. The scene keeps playing in his mind and he keeps analyzing it, trying to find a way that he could have protected Ember more.

"Jim," Ember yawns.

"Yes," Jim says as she looks down at her.

"Are you okay?" She asks as she peaks her eyes open and looks up at Jim.

"Yeah I'm fine," Jim lies.

Ember sits up and stretches her arms.

"What's wrong?" She asks him as she touches his hair.

"Nothing," Jim sighs.

"You can tell me," Ember assures him.

"I just. I just wish I could have protected you," Jim says as he runs his finger lightly over the stitches.

"But you did," Ember says as she scrunches her eyebrows together.

"I didn't. You still got hurt," Jim sighs.

Ember chuckles softly.

"This is nothing," Ember shrugs.

"It's not nothing. It looks really bad," Jim says as he frowns at her.

Ember kisses Jim's cheek.

"It's not as bad as it looks. Jim you're a hero," Ember smiles proudly.

"You think so?" Jim asks as he rubs Ember's cheek with his thumb.

"I know so. I'm alive and I get to cuddle with you. Life is good," Ember giggles.

Jim smiles as he places his lips on Ember's.

Ember smiles as she kisses Jim back.

"I love you. Now stop blaming yourself," Ember demands as she smiles.

"I love you too," Jim smiles as he kisses Ember's nose.

Ember snuggles into Jim and rests her head in the crook of Jim's neck.

He smiles at her adorableness as he holds her close.

"What do you want to do today?" Ember asks as she plays with Jim's beard.

"Well there was actually something I wanted to buy but it's a surprise," Jim smiles.

Ember chuckles, "sounds mysterious."