Meet My Dysfunctional Family...!

Words: 3683

Context: This story takes place after Apocalips War, I'm just gonna say everyone came back alive, flashpoint never happened and all is right in the world once more.

Also before anybody asks, the cover (which I am absolutely in love with) was made by my wonderful friend, @XoJulCox so go follow her on Wattpad!

~

"I cannot believe you actually drove us all the way here!" the dark haired girl cried, slamming the shiny, car door shut.

"Whats not to believe? I've been driving since I was 7" her companion simpered, seeming quite proud. 

Damian and Raven had been dating for around four-nearly-five months now, and Damian decided it was now time for Raven to meet his very...fascinating family.

Raven, being the bashful girl she is, was dubious. The thought of being in the same room as Damian's family made her spine shiver. Of course she knew Dick, and Bruce but from everything she'd previously heard, the Wayne family wasn't all sun shine and rainbows as the media made it out to be. 

Apparently their only way of communicating with each other is screaming and they can't go 2 days without breaking something within the manor. 

How lovely.

But she wasn't in any position to judge about other peoples idiosyncratic families. Her mother, joined a cult when she was younger, her father was an inter-dimensional demon and her brothers were...satanists.  

In any case she was still stressed. When Damian told her they would be going to Wayne Manor for dinner, she was absolutely panicking- or panicking in a way Raven would. 

~

~3 days ago~

~

The tower stood silent as it was partly empty of the residents other than Raven, who sat silent on the head of her bed, reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. She jumped at the sound of knocking on the door. Not hearing any noise of any sound of somebody coming into the tower, the pale girl was on high alert. 

She crept to the door and cautiously opened. She was relieved and surprised to see that it wasn't an attack.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, trying to sound a bit irritated but the smile on her face unfortunately prevented that.

Damian smirked. 

'That stupid smirk...' Raven thought. In all her years of living, she had never encountered a person who could make her feel so...giddy with something as simple as a facial expression. It made her vexed and irked to know he had this much control over her.

"I have just been informed by Grayson that my father is hosting a family dinner and he gave me permission to bring a guest. Apparently Grayson is bringing Kori and I would like you to accompany me there. It may be a pleasant way for you to finally meet my family- family, meaning a bunch of maniacal halfwits I was forced to live with" he said, adding the last part on rather quickly.

Raven thought for a moment. Was she even ready to meet Damian's family? What if they didn't like her? What if they thought she was evil like her father?

And if she were to go meet with his family, what would she even do? What was she going to wear? Raven wasn't one for caring about clothes but these are the Wayne's we're talking about. How was she supposed to act? Is she going to try to make small talk with Batman?