Fight to the Finish

Hello Everyone. If you have watched Bring it On: Fight to the Finish, this one-shot is inspired by the locker scene. This one-shot isn't a spoiler for the movie if you haven't watched it and want to. I hope you enjoy it. 

Here is the scene in case you want to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh5csxY1I7c&list=PL2upkUJWAA0XWOe8aoT2RQTiL5QKqMsGY&index=51

-----

I am going insane. Courtney is mad at me.

A little background, Courtney is 6 months new to the Smosh office, but I have been around for a couple years. When I started working here, I was fresh off So Random, so I had some mild popularity. Then I became one of the funniest members of Smosh, their words, not mine. My life quickly turned into people hanging out with me for my popularity instead of me. But when Courtney came to Smosh, I had at least one person who saw me for me.

Courtney calls me on my shit and puts me in my place. I am not saying I love being told off, but more that I love someone who tries to see me. She has been the person I trust to run sketch ideas by, life problems, basically anything. She keeps me grounded.

That is why this argument has me all over the place. See, we have gone on a couple of dates, and it has been going well. Everyone is supportive, but my sister, Brittney, is not okay with it. She is also at Smosh and has found some popularity. She let it get to her head when she quit her former YouTube channel because she got an offer to work with us. Her head has been growing bigger ever since.

She felt she deserved everything. When they didn't give it to her, she jumped ship. Now, I'm stuck between her and Courtney all the time. My sister is jealous that Courtney has been getting the spotlight, more screen time, and more responsibility. Now that my sister is not the only girl in the group. Courtney does everything she can to ignore it, but it gets to her too.

So the argument. Courtney pitched a hilarious sketch. Brittney shot down the sketch for illogical reasons. Ian pointed out some edits the sketch needs before it goes on the channel. I love the premise and would love to help her smooth out the bugs. I told her that, but since my sister started the conversation and was a royal bitch about it, I got stuck in the crosshairs. Instead of being constructive, my words just got lost.

She has been ignoring me. I have been unable to explain myself. I am sick of Courtney not answering texts or calls. She doesn't listen, so I have a plan. The icing on top will be my sister's reaction when she realizes she can't stand in the way of Courtney and me.

I look at the call sheet to see where they are filming. I head over to the sound stage. I have to wait until the sketch is finished. But it is perfect, my sister is here and so is 90% of the office. If Courtney does not believe me now, I do not know how to fix this.

I am watching the scene unfold. The minute the camera is off, Courtney glares at me. Her glare and anger make it hard not to interrupt, but Ian being mad is not my intention. Besides, it could make Courtney feel worse, so I wait.

Finally, the scene is over. Everyone starts moving around the set. I walk towards Courtney, determined to make things right.

"Shayne, what are you..." Courtney mutters before my lips meet hers.