Every Dating Profile Ever Part 2

Again, might be the end. Not 100% sure.

-Shaynes POV- 

"You okay there?" Damien asks. 

My eyes are glued to the door. "What just happened?" 

"Oh it totally has nothing to do with the fact that your angry Courtney's ex still affects her." The sarcasm dripped off every word. 

I give Damien a puzzled look. "Dude, what are you talking about. She's over him and this is her fuck you to the whole scenario." 

Damien laughs. "Right… You totally didn't just explain to Courtney why you are better for her. You didn't say how much her breakup brought you closer." He slips back into a serious face. "You love her. You hate that he hurt her and you had to pick up the pieces."

 "Damien." I got cut off. 

"Shayne. Stop it. You wanted to chase her out the door and if I didn't come up to talk to you, you would have." Damien sighs. "Look dude. Let her talk to Olivia. You came on strong and she's probably overwhelmed. You can hide your feelings all you want, but don't interrupt her girl time right now." 

"Damien. Was it that bad? I kind of blacked out after saying she'll see what a jerk you really are." I feel my cheeks heat up. 

"Well, you said it would push her into your arms, you'll regret losing an amazing person, you'll break her heart, and I'll show her how she deserves to be treated." He pauses. "So yea, kind of bad. Nothing damaging, but definitely overwhelming." 

"Shit." I bring my palms to my forehead. "I'm in deep aren't I?" I blacked out with the lines, but I have a strong need to punch something. 

"You are, but I don't think she's far behind you." 

"Don't lie to me." I can admit my feelings. I can accept being just friends. I don't think I could take Damien lying about Courtneys feelings without a meltdown. 

"Why would I? I'd tell you if I thought your feelings weren't returned." He places a hand on my shoulder. "Let her get through this shoot, process it, then talk to her." 

"We'll see, Dames." Worry floods through my veins. 

"I trust you will let her eat lunch in peace. I'll let you relax. I have another shoot to film. Keep an eye on yourself. Don't make this video too much for her. At least more than it already is. "

It is going to take everything in me to follow his advice, but he's right. 

-Courtney's POV- 

"Olivia. I'm reading too much into it. It sounds like he likes me, likes me, but he's my best friend." 

"And?" Olivia raises her eyebrows at me. "That has nothing to do with the fact that he brought you your favorite pizza the night of your breakup. When you missed wearing someone else's clothes, he started revolving his clothes into your wardrobe, he brought you coffee for like a month straight, he offered to bring you to doctors appointments with your health scare, he sleeps over on your couch more times than you can remember, and his face was scared shitless when you pulled me out of the room." 

"He's got it bad, but you do too. Look, I know how you feel talking about Shayne and romance together. I also know you're in a different place now. You are not guilty of what that asshole accused you of if you have a crush on Shayne." 

"I don't have a crush on Shayne." I panic. 

"Courtney. You are not a cheater. You never did anything in any relationship to make you a cheater. Your ex is long gone. Let yourself be happy again. Even if it's not Shayne, let yourself get back out there. It's time." Olivia has her hand on my shoulder. 

"What if…" Olivia cuts me off. 

Olivia looks right into my eyes. "His words have no strength here. His words mean nothing. Whatever he has to say, doesn't mean anything. He doesn't have to like your next step. You do." 

I sip on my milkshake reviewing everything I'm told. "Shayne did show me what I deserve. I deserve him and the amazing person he is." The cold drink grounds me and keeps my emotions from flaring. "I don't think I'm ready, Liv. I'm not going to deny how I feel, but I'm not ready to face a potential fall out. It's too much." 

"That's okay Court, I'm just glad to see you being honest with yourself." 

We walk back to the office and I feel a weight lifted off my shoulder. "I like Shayne Topp. For now, I'm happy to just enjoy the thought. Maybe I am ready to get back out there." 

I put my stuff away at my desk when I see a yellow rose with red tips. A smile spreads across my lips. I read the attached note. Shayne apologized for making me feel overwhelmed. 

I never expected him to apologize, but it's easy to forgive him, especially when the blond haired boy remembers my favorite flower. I just wonder if he remembers what it means. I look at the flower in my hands. I am ready to get back out there again. 

Note: From my knowledge, a red tipped yellow rose represents friendship falling into love. 

--

Shoot day. Shayne of course slept over and we did everything so I couldn't think about today. I even went to the gym with him this morning. We talked about a plan if we need to stop filming. He also made plans for milk shakes after. That boy thought of everything. 

"Someone's in a good mood." Olivia teases. "Are you ready?" 

I am still dreading the shoot, but with Shayne by my side, it doesn't scare me the same way. 

I take a deep breath. "Yes, I am. Shayne made sure I didn't get stuck in my head the last 24 hours. I got rid of some anxiety at the gym this morning." I look at Olivia. "I feel good." I lower my voice. "I might even be ready to tell Shayne how I feel." 

Olivia squeals and half the office looks at us before shaking their heads and getting back to work. 

"You got this! Now come on, let's go get ready to shoot." 

The day goes by well. I know Shayne is trying extra hard to make me laugh, but it also causes everyone else to try harder. We have many improvised lines that will definitely beat out the written takes. 

We are all enjoying ourselves as we settle into the last scene. The one I'm scared of, but actually excited for. Shayne overwhelmed me at first, but the more I think about it the more it makes my insides tingle with a long forgotten heat. 

The scene was saved for last so we could take a break, regroup, and if I broke down I wouldn't feel guilty about losing a whole day of filming. 

Here we go. 

---

I'm in shock. Olivia and Shayne got it all down in one take. Sure we ran others for camera angles and story lines, but one take. 

"That's a wrap on Shayne Topp and Olivia Sui. Thank you both for making this sense fucking painless." 

The room laughs as people start moving around and cleaning up. I already had most of my things good to go so I gathered the little bit left. 

"Ice cream or pizza?" A voice says behind me. 

"Both?" 

"Of course. Ice cream has your name on it in the work freezer. Pizza can be ordered asap. Yours or mine?" 

"Mine. I need the comfort of home to let the anxiety dissipate." 

"Loud and clear Miller. 6?" 

I laugh. "See you then, Topp."