Every Dating Profile Ever Part 1

This ones a lot. It's either going to be a 2 parter or 3. I have it in a place where part 2 is ended okay, but could use a wrap up. I wanted to get this out of my drafts so part 3 isn't written yet. Part 2 will be up shortly.

-Courtney's POV-
It's a writing day at Smosh and Ian, Shayne and I are working on Every Dating Profile Ever. The script is coming along with plenty of jokes and good ideas. We are almost done as Ian pitches the next idea. 

"Hey Shayne, you could play the attractive male friend that's in too many of the profile pictures that will constantly make guys feel jealous." Ian brainstorms.

I freeze and I can't hear anything else Ian is saying. I was already thinking about my asshole ex today, this just makes it worse. I'm over him, but every once and awhile something will creep into my mind to distract me. My insecurities start to blame me as the rational part of my brain loses traction. 

The pitch is perfect for the video, but it is too close to my own reality. Why couldn't he trust me? Why didn't he believe I cared for him? Why wasn't I enough for him? What kind of person does he think I am if he thinks I would cheat? 

My ex thought I was cheating on him with Shayne. Now Ian has vocalized one of the most anxiety ridden and self hatred fueled moments of my life. Why would my ex think I was capable of cheating? 

I feel a hand on my shoulder, interrupting my internal monologue. "Court. Hey Court, are you in there?" Shayne calmly tries to shake me out of my thoughts. "Court, what's wrong?" 

My vision snaps back to the room as I have a very worried Ian and Shayne staring at me. "I… uh… well." I pause struggling with words. "The idea is great for the video, Ian." 

Shayne frowns at my avoidance. "Court, what's really going on?" 

He knows already. Shayne knows because the night my ex accused me of cheating and I broke up with him, Shayne was the first person I called. Shayne held me while I cried, ate my favorite pizza he can't stand, and was there for me. 

I didn't open my mouth to speak, but the look on my face must have said it all. "Hey, Ian. Do you want to go get a round of coffee and some snacks?" The boys share a look. 

"Yea, of course." He says as he heads towards the door. He pauses before hanging on the door frame, looking back towards me. "Court, I know you won't tell me everything, but whether you think it's a good idea or not, don't feel like you have to tell me yes." 

I give a slight smile. "Thanks, Papa Ian." 

The door shuts and Shayne's focus is back on me. "Okay, what's up?" 

"It's a great idea for the shoot." 

"But" he prompts. 

"But, it's too close to home. I was already having an off day. This just did me in a little. Shayne, why didn't he trust me?" 

"He was projecting Courtney and ended up admitting he was cheating on you. The jerk was manipulating you to make you feel like the bad guy. You are not the problem." His hand rubs my shoulder. 

"I would never cheat. Why couldn't he believe we are just friends?" Deep down I know it was never me that was the problem. I encouraged them to be friends. We even double dated sometimes. Yet, when I get like this, with all my dating failure, I can't help but think it's my fault. 

"Court, get out of your head for a minute. You're going to drive yourself crazy. Look at me." Shayne coaxes. 

"He messed up. You are not the reason that there was a breakup. You are not the reason he cheated. You are not the reason you haven't found someone to date." He pauses.