Chapter two

It's been two whole weeks since my birthday and I'm still mate-less. My mom tells me not to stress, that I have to be patient. But I can't. I've practically waited my whole life to be loved by my mate.

I know it might sound crazy, but I've never had a boyfriend, never been on dates, never experienced love. I've been waiting as cheesy as it sounds. I want my mate and only my mate. My sister is a freer spirit however. She's dated tons of boys, had lots of sex, and experienced lots of things. I used to envy her, how she could naturally do it. But- I guess it'll all work out in the long run for me.

I remember when she'd come over here after her 'appointments' and how'd I cover for her. And in return she'd cover for me when I was out getting high. I miss those days- that was when we were closer.

I sat on my bed looking up at the ceiling. My mind going back to my mate. Maybe I'm being punished? Maybe this is because of my parents?

My dad- he's the alpha of our pack. His parents (my grandparents) had my father matched with someone. He hadn't met his mate and it was almost 10 years after his 18th birthday. He needed some sort of mate type relationship and that's where Abigail came into play. Her mate had been killed by a rogue and she was the daughter of an alpha herself already making her powerful so, they paired the two together and shortly after she fell pregnant.

During this time my father happened to meet his real mate. My mom.

My mom's human- and she didn't stay in one spot for long. Every time she told me the story it made it clear that fate was real. He and my mom had started messing around and that's how I was conceived. Abigail wasn't very upset with my dad, but not for finding his mate, she was more mad at the fact that she was alone whilst raising their child - Jessica. This made my grandparents furious and my mom left because of it. My grandparents had always thought she was a weak little human. My mom is so much more.

My mom and I spent some time in Italy before we finally came back here. She missed my dad terribly and even though things were still rocky and she knew she'd never be able to have him. We live across the street from my Dad and Abigail but sometimes my dad will tell me to stay with him. Which is always so awkward. I don't know how my mom does it or my dad. I would go crazy.

"Hey! Earth to Aniko!," the voice of my brother breaks my weird trance and I lock eyes with him. The triplets are much nicer than Jessica to me. She's always mad or angry, or annoyed with me. When she's not mad or angry, or annoyed with me she's fun to be around.

"Dad said to get ready for that dinner thing it's in about two hours and you know how he is," Jayce said to me coming into my room.

I nod my head and sit up on my bed. "Do you think that what dads making Jess do is crazy," I asked. He sat beside me making my bed dip.

"Yes," was his simple curt answer.

"He's doing the same thing his parents did to him! And look how that turned out!," I blurted without realizing the nature of my words. "I- I didn't mean it like that."

Jayce laughed lightly and nodded. "Yea I get it. He shouldn't be doing this. Or else she's gonna be in the exact same situation as moms in. She'll never get to be happy."

I looked over at him and noticed the glint in his eyes. I could tell he was hurt for his mom like I was hurt for mine.

"Well I need to go get dressed, so do you!" With that he was up and out of my room leaving me alone to get ready.

I had a nice white dress picked out. It was cute but sexy. Not like in an extremely sexy but tasteful sexy if that makes sense.
I did my easy makeup and then headed out once I was done.

My dad greeted me at the door but then pushed me right back out. Apparently I needed to go pick up the cake since everyone else was so stressed out about it. He handed me the keys to his Jeep and and sent me a look before going back inside. I have a feeling it was about my dress. It's obvious he didn't approve.

When I got to the bakery it was extremely empty and only a few people sat eating their desserts.

"I'm here to pick up an order for Alpha Rayne," I said to Mr. Ludwig the German baker.

"Oh dear! I know what your here for, tell your father I said hello and that it was a pleasure to help my alpha," Mr. Ludwig said with a thick accent slipping through. I nodded and took the cake from him and now I needed to head back to dads house.

Everyone in the pack knows. They know about me and my mom. They know that Abigail isn't their real Luna and they know that I'm basically a love child. However many people in the pack respect me and my mom. And I can tell it's not just because of our relations to the alpha it's because of our circumstance.

I made it home safely with the cake. I almost fell out of the Jeep considering how high it was off the ground. I took the cake I'm my arms and headed inside. I could hear the booming voices of the alphas. My father and the Alpha of the other pack.

When my foot hit the floor something else hit me. The most ethereal scent. I slightly quickened my pace. This must mean I'm about to meet my mate right? This is how it usually happens. I rounded several corners until I made it to the dining room.

There he stood. His dark hair that was cut low but looked so soft, his pink full lips, straight perfect nose, high cheekbones and defined face. He was tall too. A smile creeped up on my lips and my heart was beating a mile a minute. Just as the word mate was about to slip out of my mouth my sister Jessica stood beside him and enclosed her hand with his.

My heart started to ache.

The cake in my hands fell to the floor with a loud thud.