Chapter three

Eight Years Old
"Mommy? Mommy?," my voice echoed off the walls of our villa. I walked around the whole house trying to find my mom. She said she'd play with me after she got done with her writing.

But I couldn't find her.

I rounded the corner and found my mom standing over the kitchen sink. She had something in her hand, it looked like a needle the doctors use in movies on human kids. She pulled the needle out of her arm and sighed deeply.

What- what do I say? What is there to say? I stood still and watched her throw away the needle and bandage her arm. She turned and faced me looking in my eyes shocked and embarrassed.

"Honey! What- why aren't you waiting for me!? We're going to go play!-," she said visibly shaking and her eyes tired.

"Okay-," I said not pushing my questions any further.

Thirteen Years old
"I'm sorry I can't hang out - my ... dad wants me here for training. Sorry," I said quickly hanging up the phone. Today was the one day I had to myself - no training, no triplets, no Jessica, and no dad.

I entered my house quietly. My parents were talking. Is that my dad? The mans voice was deep and very strong like my dad's but the more he spoke the more he didn't sound like my dad.

"I know - I know but I can't live like you! I wasn't born to do this. We should've known that! My mate isn't even another royal! Something is wrong with me! I'm eliminating the problem," she yelled at the top of her lungs.

I felt as if I should leave- if I should just turn around and leave. But it's like that time I was around eight, my feet stayed planted to the ground and I listened.

"Julia! Listen! You WILL end up killing YOUR self!"

Frozen and shocked I backed up to the door. It's as if my light footsteps could be heard. Heavier ones made their way to me before he bent down stared deeply into my eyes shook my hand.

"Hi sweetheart, I'm your mother's brother. Jericho," he said fondly.

"Hi-," I uttered.

Fifteen years old
"You coming over to chill?," Max asked over the phone.

"Nope- my mom and I are going out-," I stated as I finished getting ready. "I'll talk to you later I have to go," I said and hung up the phone. My moms taking me on a dinner date. I'm pretty excited, considering that we always order food or she cooks, or I'm over at dads eating Abigail's dry food.

I head into her room looking for that pretty necklace she has. I'm always taking her jewelry.

My heels echo on the hardwood floor of her bedroom a loud snaps my attention downward to the floor. Loose floorboard. I look again and notice how the floor board is slightly loose. I kneel down and try pushing it back in place. I do NOT want to get in trouble for this. She's been very irritable lately so this might make her loose her mind and we might not go get dinner and I'm starving.

I push again but it just pops up again. It opened wider and old pictures also came out of the floor. I hesitated before picking them up and looking through them. They're super old photos. These look like they're from the 1800s. I've never seen these people before in my life. Maybe they're my great great great grandparents. The more pictures I flipped through the more a person started to stand out.

A girl. With two braids rested on her shoulders.

My mom.

I know my mom is old but she's not that old. What even is this!

"Aniko! Where are you are you ready?," a voice yelled from downstairs crap she must've just got home.

"Yea I'm coming," I said standing up from the ground. I fixed the floorboard however it was still a tad bit loose.

"What are you doing in here?,"she asks at the doorframe. I was standing in the middle of the room with the necklace in hand.

"N-nothing, I came to get this," I said and quickly scurried out of the way.

I sprung up from the bed. Peyton sleepily gets up after me. He's a really light sleeper.

"What's wrong?," he asks with that tired voice.

"I- I just had the weirdest dream. But they weren't dreams. They were memories - I guess I forgot about them or something."

"What happened? Your all covered in sweat! Are you okay?," he asks cupping my face.

"I- my mom. She might've been addicted to drugs or something - I don't know! I don't know how I forgot all those times. My mom was constantly tired, irritable and she was always like-," I said hyperventilating.

It all doesn't make sense.

"Breathe," he says soothingly.

"I sound crazy but - I think there's more to the story," I say lowly.

"What do you want to do about it?," Peyton asks staring looking at me with big questioning eyes.

"I don't know, I don't know."