Chapter six

"Are you sure about this?," Nolan asked me coming closer to my spot in the living room. Everyone else was out - Fabian and Kaiden went to location that Nolan had told them about. They told us to stay here and they'd be back in an hour.

Fabian insisted he saw it for himself first before we ended up storming them. Everyone else had left the house for reasons I didn't particularly ask about. Nolan had stuck around and it's very clear he wants to talk about things. He keeps fidgeting and he also starts sentences but never finishes them.

"I think if we keep waiting - something will happen to my mom and I'll just end up blaming myself for it." I said quite quickly. I was starting to get stressed. I couldn't stop thinking about Fabian ... and Kaiden. I really really didn't want them going there, not alone, and not this fast.

Strangely my skin started to heat up and a ear piercing screech erupted in my eardrums. I slightly winced at the sudden and abrupt sound. I let out an extremely shaky breath and grabbed on my chest.

"Are you ok?," Nolan says touching my knee. His hand placement caused me to jolt up away from him. I watched him closely as he turned and inhaled deeply smelling the new sent that was oozing from every pore on my body.

"I- I need to go to um-," I said backing up making my way up the stairs to my brother's room. I locked the door and put my head against the door. I could hear footsteps coming closer and closer but I didn't budge.

"Aniko," Nolan said deeply. "Are you going to be ok by yourself in there?," he asked softly.

Heat. My heat had just started. This is possibly the worst time for it to start. Heat is basically when the desire to mate is super strong and unmated male wolves are practically drawn to you during it. Which sucks because why am I alone in this house with Nolan of all possible times? I have morals and I wouldn't mate with him but he could help with the intense pain, but at the same time I don't want him to touch me at all - in any way. On top of that I'm not sure how his control over his wolf is - which is something I do not want to think about but it definitely should be thought about.

Just as I was about to tell him to leave and I'd be ok my abdomen started twisting like someone was turning a knife in my stomach. I couldn't contain the groan that left my mouth and I meekly held onto the door to stay balanced. My body started to heat up which added to the pain and uncomfortable feeling my body was in. I started unbuttoning my top and then quickly after I unzipped my pants and slipped out of them.

I entered the bathroom and started running the water to fill the big tub. My suitcase had been moved in here for some reason, probably to clear space. I fully stripped and sat in the freezing cold water as a way to soothe my boiling skin.

"Hey! Aniko! Tell me what's wrong!," Nolan shouts. The walls weren't necessarily thin it just so happened that he was rather loud.

"Nolan shut up! I'm burning up and your yelling isn't helping! I'm ok!," I shout back as I pulled my knees up to my chest and let the water fill up more.

It had started to feel like forever before I started to get cooler; but just as I started to get cooler suddenly like a switch had been flipped I was right back hot again. I could hear commotion downstairs which started a panic to spread through my body. I got out of the tub all pruny and wrinkled. I grabbed one of the extra towels and wrapped it around myself. Just as I was about to open the door - the door flew back almost hitting me.

"Fabian!? What are you-," I said looking into his eyes. I watched him inhale deeply with his eyes shut tight, when he opened them again they were a lot darker.

"Is this a wolf thing? You smell so sweet- and I must admit your scent is making me feel slightly out of control," he said coming closer. I grabbed his hand to which I quickly let go as if I had been burned but it was actually the opposite. His hands were so insanely cold it felt amazing against my burning skin.

"Come closer please," I said acting on impulse. I locked the door behind him before I turned to open my suitcase and pull out undergarments. "Turn around," I instructed Fabian to which he quickly obliged. I put on a bra and underwear quickly and walked back over to Fabian fanning myself.

I stood directly in front of him meeting his eyes. I grabbed his hand and pulled him even closer. I could feel the coolness ooze off of him like waves. I guided his hands to my waist - the sensation of his cold fingertips made my heart thud. I pushed myself closer up against him and rested my head in his chest.

"Woah, why are you so hot?," his accent slightly slipping through.

"Heat. It comes and makes every unmated male want to mate with you," I murmur against his check.

"Mhmm?," he hums in response. "So that's what this feeling is," he says his hands trailing higher on my waist. I remove my head and stare up at him. Hearing him say that caused butterflies to erupt in my stomach and make me slightly warmer.

His hand came up to cup my cheek and he stared at me with a very intense gaze. "Aniko ... Would it be ok if I kiss you?," he asked softly.

Unable to say the words I simply nodded my head which made him frown. I guess that wasn't a good enough answer.

"I want to hear you say it ... tell me you want me to," he said coming closer to my ear.

"I- I really want you - Fabian, to kiss me," I said stuttering. He smiled a devilishly handsome smile before he then came in closer and met his lips with mine.

I had never really done it before but the way his lips melted onto mine felt all so natural. The hotness of my body and the warmth I felt had all subsided and the butterflies in my stomach were the only thing that I felt.

I never imagined my first kiss to be like this. In the bathroom with my vampire mate who just so happened to save me from heat.

Sorry for the long period with your update. I apologize for any errors!!