Chapter four

Waking up was the worst thing ever. My throat was dry and burned. My stomach still in knots and I felt so bad. Fabian ran a warm bath for me and told me to relax. I sat in the bath for a good while before I stepped out and got dressed in some clothes he'd quickly went out and got for me. When I looked in the mirror I was terrified of my appearance. My eyes red and puffy, my nose was slightly pink and so was my face. My darker complexion contrasted the natural redness.

I didn't bother trying to wash and fix my hair so I put the tight curls/coils into a messy bun. My natural hair was pretty long and healthy and I honestly took pride in my hair. After fixing it I left the bathroom and went to find Fabian who had made food for us. It looked amazing and it smelled even better.

I sat beside him and thanked him. We ate silently not really talking. After I packed my stuff and he drove me to my brother's house.

"I'll be back later, there's something I have to check up on first," he said before leaving.

I knocked on the door and Jayce answered it quickly. He welcomed me in and then gave me that look.

"What? Did something happen," I asked putting my bag down.

"No but you look awful. What happened to you," he asked getting closer in my face getting a good look at me.

"I'm fine little brother, where's everyone?," I asked walking over to the couch. The house was oddly quiet, like Jayce was the only one here.

"Oh- Kaiden came back from wherever he was and they all went out trying to find Jessica. I'm here checking her computers and stuff for anything," he said moving her laptop from the couch to the table in front of him.

"There's this file I found and it was like buried under a lot of other stuff, it took me like 2 hours to finally get to it and its impossible to get into," he said picking the laptop back up again.

"How many digits are in the password?," I ask moving closer.

"9," he said counting the dashes.

"October 27 try it." Strangely enough that was the first thing that came to my head. That night was when everything changed. It seemed like I was one of the only other people who noticed.

Jayce typed it in and looked at me with wide eyes. "It worked."

"We found some stuff on Jessica's laptop,"  Jayce said to everyone as we quieted down. Kaiden sat beside me and told me how they're search didn't lead anywhere and we briefly caught up. Fabian still hadn't made it and no one really knew if Nolan would come. I was more worried about Fabian. He said he had to check something out and I don't know if whatever he had to do was dangerous, and I'm kinda worried something could've happened to him and I wouldn't even know. I don't know if I'd feel if something were wrong or not. I'm still new to the whole vampire thing.

"I thought we we're gonna find some pretty deep stuff. Like agreements with Jericho or deals she made- I don't know. All we found were these pictures of her and this guy," he said turning the computer and showing the others.

"There's tons of photos on here. She stopped putting photos in here in October like 5 years ago and Aniko somehow guessed the password which was October 27th," he says pausing. "So can anymore remember what the hell happened on October 27th about 5 years ago?," he says.

"That was the year before all of this shit started. When she was normal," Jonathan said.

"Yeah, it seems like after that month is when she changed," Jordan continued.

"October 27th - she came in late that night, I thought she had went out with her girl friends but she came back broken," I said vividly remembering how she limped back into the house with a sadness hovering over her.

"Yeah- then a few months later her and Nolan announced that they'd get married," Jayce said. "And this guy somehow plays into it all," he says pointing to the guy in the photos.

"Kaiden, do you think you could get someone to find him, ask him what his connections are with Jessica and see if he knows anything," Jayce said to Kaiden. "Right now our best bet is to find Jess first then she'll lead us right to your mom aka my second mom but we still gotta be fast," he said to me.

I nodded.

"Someone's at the door," Kaiden says. I perk up and look towards the door that Jonathan went to open.

Fabian stood at the door waiting to be invited in. He stepped in and came straight towards me. I could smell something on him and I think the others could also.

"Are you- is that blood?," I say lightly directed towards him.

"I'm fine, it'll heal soon," he said. I pulled him away from the others into the kitchen.

"What happened?," I asked walking closer to smell him. He had an awful stench and it was making my stomach turn. I could smell Nolan on him which made my stomach turn even more.

"I smell Nolan so please don't tell me it's nothing," I said again softer.

"Nolan and I bumped into each other had a little tousle before he got a real good scratch on me," he said. "It's not healing right away like it usually would for some reason," he finished.

"I'll clean it for you, just to speed up the process," I say before searching the cabinets for the kit.

I find it and look at him hesitantly moving closer. He sucks in a breath and bites his lower lip like a child would. He lifts his shirt up and shows the rather large gash.

"Oh my god-," I said having to step back from the god awful smell. For some odd reason the two scents of my mates mixing together was utterly disgusting and sickening. They smelled good on their own but not like this.

"Are you ok? I can clean it myself," he said lightly with a small laugh. I shook my head and cleaned up the wound Nolan had left Fabian with. He looks at me like he's holding something in, like he wants to say something but doesn't want to hurt me - I know that look all too well.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that - you're scaring me," I say laughing lightly once I finished.

"It's just- If you want to pick Nolan I'd understand. I've only known you for like a day but I know I'd do anything for you to be happy. I know you told me everything last night but we should open with each other and if there's any chance of you going back to him please let me know now," he said vulnerably.

"Nolan must've really gotten to you," I said moving closer to him. He nodded and looked me in my eyes his big eyes staring at me hopelessly. "You can rest assured that Nolan and I being together - that's not gonna happen," I say leaning beside him on the counter.

"Okay," he said with relief in his voice.