Chapter four

"Please don't cry anymore. Not over me at least," his voice seemed to take the extra pressure off my chest. He came up from behind me and stood so close I could feel his warmth.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I hadn't found you sooner. If I had we wouldn't be in this mess," he spoke softly.

"I've waited a long time. Only to be denied the thing I want the most," I said turning to face him. His eyes bored deep into mine. His mother had very Asian like features however she didn't look fully Asian. Her son has some of those features but he took after his dad as well. He had blue eyes that I could get lost in.

"I know- I'm sorry. Fuck-," hearing him curse made fireworks erupt in my stomach how is it possible to have feeling like this for someone you've never met before. "I- I signed a contract with my parents. I have to marry her and stay married for at least two years- maybe they'll understand."

"Jessica- I'm more scared about her. Once she wants something. She plans on getting it," I stated as more tears rolled down my cheeks. He swiftly wiped them away. His hands leaving electric shocks on my skin.

He sat beside me on the dock and looked out at the late. The water glimmered and sparkled. The night time sky painting pictures on the water. He was so close to me, it felt better with him here. It's like he was the puzzle piece I was missing. It felt so bittersweet. I met my mate and I'm here with him - but he's not mine.

Even though he should be.

When I woke up he was gone and I was somehow back home. It felt as if it were a dream. Was he really here last night? Was it all just some bad dream? I sat up from my bed and was about to head downstairs to get a cup of water. My throat felt burned and I desperately needed to put out the fire.

My feet hit the cold floor and I entered the kitchen and strangely discovered my entire family sitting in the kitchen. They all looked at me as I got down the stairs. I didn't expect anyone to be home so I was a little surprised.

"We need to talk about the disruption you had at dinner yesterday," my father spoke. I looked at the time and it was nearly 6 in the morning. It was still dark outside. What's with these psychopaths?

"What do we need to talk about? I don't have anything to say," my voice came out groggily and rough. I know I'm being rude and disrespectful. And I know that they won't like it but I physically cannot deal with this.

I stepped passed my dad and blocked out his voice as I got myself a glass of water. I was about to carry it up the stairs when suddenly a loud roar came from my father. I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him. His eyes were turning gold which means for me he's losing his patience.

I turned to face him and once again he roared loudly. Everyone visually flinched and soon after I lost my patience too. I challenged him. I've seen my eyes do it before- they too turned the same shade of gold.

"Are you seriously challenging your Alpha right now?!," he yelled furiously.

"I'm challenging my father- I don't want to be down here dad! Not with Jessica! Not with you or anyone at this point!," I said before turning to go up the stairs.

"Tell me why- why don't you want this to happen so badly."

"Because I want my mate ... all to myself-," I started.

"He's not your mate. He told me himself!" Jessica interjected. That doesn't make any sense why- why would he lie.

"He told me himself! Your lying Aniko," she accused me.

"Why the fuck would I lie huh? Why? There's no point to lie when you KNOW how important having a mate is to me!," I said to my sister.

"Because he's attractive! You think you can have him just because no other guy has ever looked your way! Get over it!"

My heart was shattering. I know she might have resentment towards me but she's never been this aggressive. We have our fallouts and cat fights but she's serious right now and shes angry.

"Jessica .. Why are you doing this?," does she not want happiness for herself or is she trying to make me unhappy? She simply shrugged and smirked. That scent filled my nose and my eyes instantly went to the figure walking into the kitchen.

"Why is he here?," I ask my heart instinctively speeding up.

"You know it's Sunday- family breakfast here and Jessica invited him," Abigail said cutting into the tense atmosphere. She spoke softly and looked at me with hurt filled eyes.

"Come have breakfast," my mom said as she placed a stack of pancakes on the table. I shook my head and gulped down my water. I placed my cup down and walked to the stairs but was stopped in my tracks.

"Sit down," my dad said in an extremely low voice.