Chapter seven

I want to give a slight trigger warning. This chapter mentions suicide. I just wanted to let you all know.  *Please excuse the typos*

"Aniko?! I- yes. How are you?," He asks the surprise evident in his voice.

"Not so well. I- am I a vampire?," I say not really knowing how to word it.

"What made you think that?," he asks.

"Answer my question first." He goes silent for a few seconds before he then chuckles then clears his throat.

"Hey! Calm down!," Peyton said standing in front of me.

"I- where is she I'm going to kill her!," my voice is so deep it's almost unrecognizable. I haven't heard my wolf take control like that in a long time.

"Jericho said there's nothing to worry about," Hudson says trying to calm me down. "They know exactly where she's at and if anything goes south they'll handle it."

"I'm not worried about that part," I say shaking my head. "Jessica. That witch - she's the one responsible for holding my mom hostage."

Jericho used my mom as bait per say. It worked and she's now somewhere being help up against her will. What in the hell is Jessica envolved in!?

"So- we've been here for less than maybe 7 hours and we've managed to get to the bottom of this ... ordeal," Hudson says reaching into his bag. He had his wallet in his hand and pulls out the insane amount of cash.

"Woah-," Peyton says looking at him suspiciously. 

"I have enough for 3 tickets back to Paris, we've gotten to the bottom of things and we're not needed. We could leave it up to you're uncle- plus we could skedaddle before your crazy sister comes looking for us. I'm kind of scared," he laughed stiffly.

I shake my head. I suppose he's being logical sure ... but it was almost too simple. No one knows about this and that alone is insanely crazy.

"I- I don't think we should leave yet. I mean why buy new tickets we already got our tickets back to Paris in about two weeks," Peyton says. Hudson reluctantly nods before putting his money back up.

"Yea- I say we lay low. Just to see how things are but before we leave Jericho needs to get my mother back. I don't care if shes being used as bait or whatever, she's not at her fullest strength."

"Agreed! So we lay low - and before we leave we make sure your uncle gets your mom back safely," Hudson says sitting down.

"So do you think your sister will storm over here and like burn this place to the grou-," Hudson starts.

"What the hell?!," a voice says interrupting our conversation. I turn and come face to face with Jordon. His eyes nearly doubled in size and his jaw was practically on the ground.

"Aniko ?!," he said coming closer pulling me into his arms. His body was so frail and he was insanely skinny. This was definitely not the Jordon I'm used to.

"I've missed you," he says pulling back from me. I introduced him to Peyton and Hudson his eyes trailing Hudson longer than necessary. He prepared them some food and pulled me away to "catch up" as he put it.

"Jordon- I,"

"I'm sorry. I know a simple sorry can't fix everything that you've been through but, I know how you feel. God I've been wanting to talk to you about everything, tell you how much I missed you, and how sorry I am. We should've listened to you. I know what it's like to lose a mate and I'm sorry we put you through that. I'm sorry he put you through that."

Words aren't able to escape my lips. I cleared my throat and shook my head. "It's- don't apologize for him. If he were sorry things might've ended differently," I said.

We chatted a little but there was a question still lingering on my mind.

"If you don't mind me asking, who- what was your mate like?," I asked lightly.

A small smile crept onto his face. That smile was so sad underneath. His eyes were glossed and his chest moved like his heart had stopped beating. I could hear the faint thud in his chest however, that was the only real way of knowing that he was alive.

"I'd known her for so long. I saw her in the hallways in school all the time. She was a human. So smart, beautiful, but-," he paused taking a deep breath.

"Her demons got to her before I could. On the day of my birthday that night after being out with Jayce and Jonathan. They had left me and I didn't have any money for an Uber or cab. So I decided to walk home. I wasn't drunk, wasn't on any drugs but it felt like it. It felt like I was on cloud nine even though I didn't find my mate yet. It was such a good night. Then I made it to the bridge."

By the sound of his voice I didn't want to know anymore and I regretted asking. The way his voice sounded like it was getting all closed up and the sudden quicken of his heart race.

"I saw someone sanding near the edge. Holding onto the side looking out at the water. Then I caught the scent. The closer I got, the stronger the smell was and the more she inched to the edge. I started running screaming at her to get down. Her foot had slipped but I managed to grab onto her hand, I tried my hardest to pull her up- and the tingles I felt when I was holding her hand, I'll never forget that feeling. I was weak - I couldn't even save my own mate. I tried, I really did. After her hand let go of mine I jumped in after her not worrying about the consequences

As soon as I hit the water I blacked out. I woke up in the hospital a few days later. They told me they weren't able to find her body but by the feeling alone I knew that she was gone."

I hadn't even realized a tear slipped out of my eye. I quickly wiped them away and offered him a gentle hug.

"I'm sorry- and please never compare my pain to yours. I only suffered maybe a fraction of how much I know you hurt."

He didn't look up at me. I know Jordon and I can imagine the thoughts running through his head. I bet he was calling himself weak. Calling himself a coward and betting himself up about it. That alone made my heart ache for him.

"Your big sisters here now. You're not weak, I know you Jordon. I know how you bottle up your emotions. I remember every time you wanted to cry when you were little, you'd call for me-," my own voice started to get closed up.

"I'm here now- and if you wanna cry I'm here to comfort you," I said. As soon as I said the words my baby brother started crying like a baby. I moved closer and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm so happy- that you're here," he sniffled out.

I'm happy that we're here too my wolf says.