Chapter six

"What are you doing here?," I sounded rather annoyed. By the small glimmer in his eyes I could tell my harsh tone they hurt a tad bit. I was so angry I didn't feel bad about it.

"You should go home," he said sternly.

"You should reject me ... if your gonna marry Jess reject me and get on with it. Or I can reject you, I just need to get on with my life- with or without you," I said freely.

He growled lowly and came closer to me. "No- you won't reject me and I will never reject you."

I scrunched up my nose and shook my head. "Why?! We don't know anything about each other! And- it'll be so much easier to just stop it before it just gets messy and hurtful and-," I rambled but stopped myself.

"I want to get to know you," he said coming even closer leaving a tiny bit of space between us.

"I'm not interested in being anything other than your mate. If- if you can't give that to me please let me be."

I stepped back once he didn't say anything to me. "We're- that night ... were you really there? Or was it some sick dream?," I said defeatedly.

He didn't say anything. I guess that was all I needed.

"Thank you Kaiden, for letting me stay. I should go and face the wolves now," I said as he ate a piece of toast. He nodded and watched me leave.

I  decided to walk home and embarked on the journey back home. My mom's probably gonna be upset that I skipped school today I bet I can get off the hook if I say I wasn't up to it or something. I made it home about 10 minutes later and entered my house which was abnormally active.

"We need to talk, sit down right now," my dad said. I did as he told and sat down on the couch. "This is really unlike you. Your scaring me- you smell like weed too," he continued.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry for how I've been acting for the past few days. I- wasn't feeling the best. My head is screwed back on," I said.

"But why do you smell like weed. Did Kaiden-," he started.

"No! No Dad it wasn't Kaiden. I- that was the last time and I mean it. I needed to calm down and it helps," I said looking down at my feet. I thought I washed off all of the scent.

"I understand your frustrated that you haven't found your mate- but Jessica needs to have a mate if she wants to take over this pack-,"

"Wait- I thought one of the twins would be taking over. Jessica had no interest in being alpha like at all-," I said looking in my fathers eyes.

"Well- she does now. I just want you to know your mate will come, okay? And you'll have him all to yourself."

I didn't feel like talking anymore so I nodded my head which he seemed satisfied with. I stop and headed up the stairs. Fuck.

Jessica would absolutely not make a good alpha. Not at all. We all know she has the bare minimum of training. She can barely protect herself yet she wants to protect our whole pack. Why is she doing all this? Why am I so angry about it? One of the triplets is the best pick to take over this pack ... right? Of course. They're all strong and levelheaded.

No! Aniko you know your most fit to be alpha of this pack. My wolf said in my head.

No, come on. You know for a fact that's not true. I stated.

She decided to not say anything else. My wolf is relatively shy. She doesn't speak much but when she does I love talking to her. Why would she even say something like that - its nonsense.

I mean ... I am the best fighter. And I am  in charge of the warriors of our pack and I'm very young. But that's not all that makes an alpha.

Yes! That's not all. Why would she even mention something like that. I fell on my bed and turned my phone back one. I had a lot of texts from Ansley. Mostly her asking why I wasn't at school or about Kaiden. Apparently I missed some crazy experiment in science class and one of the humans almost burned their hair off. I decided to call her since she'd be in lunch by now. She answered almost immediately.

"My phone was off, there was a lot of family stuff going on and I needed this thing to be quiet. What's up?,"

"Oh my god! Aniko you missed seeing the new guy. He's absolutely- he's so hot! He might be your mate!," she squealed excitedly.

"Maybe," I said dismissively. "What's his name?," I asked a little curious.

"Umm I think it's like Noah or something. He's from the waterfront pack. Which is insane because ya know it's the waterfront pack. If they have guys like that over there! Im going-," she giggled. I imagined the strawberry blonde blonde girl twirling her hair around her finger.

"Noah? Hmm-," I said. Noah from the waterfront pack. Only a few of the people from the waterfront pack went to our school. I don't know why but that's just how it's been.

"Niko I gotta go, I'll text you after school is out. Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow?," she said in more of a questioning voice.

"Hopefully."