Chapter two

My shaky hand reached for the door and I pushed it open bracing myself for the worst.

"Hudson what's going on?," I say airy. Why was it so hard to breathe now? I looked in the kitchen and found Hudson with a mug in his hand. He tilted his head to the living room. I looked in that direction and my childhood best friend stood behind the couch. He walked around and stood in front of it facing me.

"I- what are you doing here?," I said, my chest and lungs felt as if it was filled with fire.

"That's the first thing you say to me? Not a 'hello?' or a 'how's it been?' I was so worried about you, you know after you left things-," he started. I cut him off by walking up to him and giving him a loose hug. I heard Peyton growl but after I started sobbing he stopped.

"Why are you crying?," he asked pulling me from his shirt which was now covered in tears.

"I don't know- I, I thought everyone just forgot about me or something," I said truthfully. I mean over time I kinda accepted it but it hurt from time to time hen I'd randomly think about it.

After the year was over and I was supposed to return- The day after I decided I was going to stay I didn't hear from them at all. All my calls, texts, letters, and emails were left with no response. I was especially scared when Kaiden hadn't called me daily like he did. After a while I just- stopped trying.

"You don't know about what's been going on with the pack- and Aniko there's so much shit. After you left everything went to complete shit," he said worriedly like someone was listening to him. "After your year here- your dad got sick. Like really sick. He couldn't heal himself for whatever reason..." he paused and looked between Hudson and Peyton.

"Who are they?," he asked suddenly.

"My boyfriend and my roommate- can you  finish and tell me why you're here?," I said impatiently.

"S-sorry Um- he's practically been in bed rest for the past 3 years and Jessica has been in charge. She put a ban on you, no ones allowed to contact you, visit you or anything like that- so if someone finds out I was here I could get killed," he said scratching the back of his neck.

"Why? Why is Jessica doing this?," I said completely shocked. It hurt like hell knowing that the person you once looked up to, idolized, hates you for no apparent reason.

"She's ruling the pack with an iron fist like we're in the stone ages," he sighed.

"What- what about her mate? Does he know how she's been leading? He's an alpha how is he letting her do that to our pack?," I asked.

He chuckled. "That asshole is in his own little world. He comes to the pack about once a week and when he's there everyone's forced to act like they're not being led by a complete psychopath it's so fucking messed up. Your father and Abigail - I don't think they know what's been going on. It's all so god damn confusing. If they know they're turning a blind eye ," he muttered.

"So why now? Why did you come now? Why not two years ago why now?"

"Well- because your mom."

My heart started to sink. My mom?

"She went missing about a month ago, I've been searching and she hasn't been found yet," he said. I shook my head. My heart pounding.

My mom ... missing? My mom was the only one who managed to send a letter out to me. She told me how much she loved me and how she was sorry for everything.

I got that letter about a month ago.

"I just wanted to let you know- you don't have to feel obligated to do anything I know how much you love your mom. I- and I wanted to see you after all these years."

I stayed awake the whole night. I couldn't sleep. What if something bad happens to her. How could I have been so selfish! My mom ... a human. Left alone in the world of wolves. My dad- sure he would protect her but at what cost, he'll choose Abigail before he'll pick my mom. Plus apparently he's been sick. I can't believe I just left my mom.

I never thought about it like that until now. I just wanted to live my life here in Paris and not worry about anything. Yet here I am, years later regretting not returning. I tossed again and this time I completely sat up.

Kaiden had to go to London for a wolf meeting or something that Jessica didn't want to attend. He left practically after telling me everything I needed to know. I suppose now I had to think over what I was going to do.

I really don't want to return. But if I don't ... my mom might get hurt or worse. I know she's not dead! She can't be, but I'm still worried. Peyton wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and snuggled up close to me. He agreed to spend the night at my place to help me calm down and so far it hasn't been working.