xxxvii. A Little Older, Not At All Wiser

╔═══════════════╗

chapter thirty-seven( the last olympian )❝ a little older, not at all wiser! ❞

( the last olympian )
❝ a little older, not at all wiser!

╚═══════════════╝

    The start of the end of the world wasn't going well for me.

Since last summer, I have learnt that the Gods do not appreciate the help of demigods. I don't know why I was surprised, it made sense, but I honestly thought that considering my father could see that I was supposed to defeat Typhon (which is a lot of pressure and something I really don't think I'm capable of), the gods don't want anything to do with me.

"The number of times you have Iris Messaged me, Claire Moore, is seriously getting on my nerves," Hades narrowed his eyes at me through the shimmering window of Mist. "I'm a busy god. I have my own realm to watch that is getting worse and worse in this stupid war."

I sat on my bed, legs crossed apple sauce and narrowed my eyes back at him. "You can always just not answer."

"I could vaporise you for that."

"Oh, please do," I sighed and set my chin on the palm of my hand. "It'll make my life so much easier."

Hades gave me a blank look from where he sat at his dining table. There was an argument happening in the background between Persephone and Demeter (with the inclusion of some plant projectiles). "Don't be glum, Light's Kin, it makes me almost pity you."

"Oh, wow, you're such a good person."

He sat up straighter, miffed by my sarcasm. "I don't know why you are even trying to speak to me, half-blood. My brother does not listen to me, I cannot get you to Typhon. You must do that yourself."

"I've been trying!" I let out, throwing my hands up in frustration.

Hades rolled his eyes and picked up his dinner knife as if imaging the best way to stab me with it. "Just show up, Claire Moore. He might not vaporise you."

"Emphasis on might. Why aren't you helping them?"

"Why isn't my brother Poseidon helping them?" Hades replied back sharply, like a four-year-old. I resisted the urge to sigh. I ended the Iris Message after that, and the Mist disappeared, leaving me a clear view of Lee's bed.

The flowers that had started to grow from last year were now flourishing, giving life to something so mournful. We still weren't over his death━none of us were. I still wasn't used of having Michael Yew as my co-Cabin Counsellor. I miss Lee's mature look upon things. I miss his smiles, and his jokes, and his hugs. If he was alive right now, he would be able to solve the spat between the Apollo and Ares cabin. Michael didn't listen to me. At all. He had perhaps taken his death harder than the rest of us, and Jay's death as well, and blamed me all for it. I didn't argue, because to be honest, I blamed myself, too.