xxvi. Old McDonald

╔═══════════════╗

chapter twenty-six( battle of the labyrinth )❝ old mcdonald ( had a farm! )❞

chapter twenty-six
( battle of the labyrinth )
❝ old mcdonald
( had a farm! )❞

╚═══════════════╝

    "You don't scare me."

    "Oh, I'm sure I don't," Geryon smiled, his head tilting━which was really weird to look at considering he had three chests, two arms and too many armpits. (Look, that's the best way I can describe him! Even I can't imagine it properly and he's right in front of me!). "If what I hear about you is true, Claire Moore, then perhaps I should be scared of you."

     (Okay, perhaps I should explain how I got into this pedicament. So, it begins after Cain goes all demon on Jay, and with the help of his father Phobos (yeah, I know! Crazy, right?), he transported us to the Ranch where we had promised to meet the others. However, he decided it would be great to transport us right on the couch in front of the owner who turned out to be a bad guy? His name is Geryon, a weird-looking, three-chest dude who was seriously getting on my nerves. To make the day even better, his lackey Eurytion━son of Ares, so, great━then came in with the last person I expected: Nico di Angelo. The kid looked completely different than I last remember him. No longer was he the little bubbly kid who was obsessed with Mythomagic; he was skinny, pale with dark circles under his weighted eyes covered with the tuffs of his black hair. But those eyes had widened when he saw Cain and I. Next thing I know, we were separated, and now I was alone with Geryon, having absolutely no idea where the others were. I think they went next door, but I wasn't sure). 

    My eyes narrowed in a glare, hoping that maybe I could turn him to monster dust then and there with just my piercing gaze. But Geryon just smiled. "So, tell me, is it true? That you're the Light's Kin?"

    Not anymore, I thought, but he doesn't have to know that. So, without my gaze wavering, I leaned forward on the couch to sneer, "Powerful enough to burn this whole place to the ground."

    He chuckled, "I like you," he told me, and I'm not taking that as a compliment. If a guy with three chests and too many armpits likes me, it's not something to be happy about.

    "Just tell me where Cain and Nico are," I didn't want to play this game anymore. I wanted to get out of here, warn Percy and the others that this is a trap. But I couldn't stuck here talking to this many armpit motherfu━

    "There's no fun in that," Geryon laughed. "See, you aren't scared of me, but they are scared of me hurting you━and I don't just mean Nico and Cain."

    My stomach twisted. "Who?"

    "Eurytion tells me the rest of your friends have arrived at the Ranch," said Geryon, and the twist in my stomach turned to a great big drop right to the gound. Percy, Annabeth, Grover, Tyson... "And I wonder whether you'll be scared if I just accidentally tell Eurytion he can hurt them as much as he wants..."