xviii. Nature's Justice

╔═══════════════╗

chapter eighteen.
( battle of labyrinth )
❝ nature's justice!

╚═══════════════╝

introducing mark ruffalo
as quintus.

      I didn't speak to Percy the entire drive back to camp

I didn't speak to Percy the entire drive back to camp. Look, trust me, there were a lot of things I wanted to tell him. Like how I have had the biggest lead on Nico's whereabouts in a whole year and that I missed him and stuff, but Rachel just ruined all of that. I like Percy, I ain't going to deny it to myself any longer. I'll deny it to other people, but not to me. And I wasn't planning on denying it to him, either. I thought there was something there. We held the sky up together, and then spent a year with hardly seeing each other. I thought that maybe ... maybe the hope of that sad slow dance actually meant something. But Percy liked someone else. I don't know why that hurt so much but it did. Like, I was acting like we were together and he had cheated on me or something. It was stupid, I was missing someone I never even had.

Who was I to think that Percy would actually like me anyway? All I ever am is mean to him. All I ever do is make fun of him, call him names and threaten to push him off every surface we stand on that's above ground. Gods, why am I just so stupid?

So, I told him I had to go talk to Clarisse and Annabeth, and that he had to talk to Chiron, and just left him.

You're most likely wondering: whoa, Claire, why the hell are you chatting with Clarisse? Look, I don't want to. It's not exactly my most favourite activity to do. But Clarisse had been researching with Annabeth about the Labyrinth. She found an entrance in her scouting mission, and there in the caverns and hallways underground, she found Chris Rodriguez. Remember him? Yeah. The maze turned him insane, and—surprisingly—Clarisse was putting forward her time to nurse him back to health. I wonder whether it was for answers about Luke's army. Luke had scouts within the labyrinth looking for an entrance into Camp Half-Blood, I think she and Annabeth will want to know that there definitely is an entrance here. Where? I don't know, but that's definitely what the little stupid monkey's meant. Luke wanted to attack Camp Half-Blood, and that was where he was going to enter from.