Sixteen

In a motel, Dean drinks from a bottle of whiskey and packs his leather jacket, the keys to the Impala, his Colt .45 and a handwritten letter into a box, and addresses it to Bobby. As he pours another drink, Sam enters the room, "Sending someone a candy gram?"

"How'd you find me?" Dean stops, thinking of Zoey.

"You're going to kill yourself, right? It's not too hard to figure out the stops on the Farewell Tour... also Zoey. How's Lisa doing, anyways?" Sam asks.

"I'm not going to kill myself."

"No? So Michael's not about to make you his Muppet? What the hell, man? This is how it ends? You just… walk out?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"How could you do that?"

"How could I?" Dean faces him, "All you've ever done is run away."

"And I was wrong. Every single time I did. Just… please. Not now. Bobby is working on something."

"Oh, really? What? You got nothing and you know it."

"You know I have to stop you."

"Yeah, well, you can try. Just remember: You're not all hopped up on demon blood this time."

"Yeah, I know. But I brought help."

Dean turns around to find Castiel standing behind him. Castiel touches his fingers to Dean's forehead, knocking him out. When Dean's brought back to Bobby's, he's upset, "Yeah, no, this is good. Really. You know, eight months of turned pages and screwed pooches but tonight, tonight's when the magic happens."

"You ain't helpin'." Bobby says.

"Yeah, well, why don't you let me get out of your hair, then?"

"What the hell happened to you?"

"Reality happened. Nuclear's the only option we have left. Michael can ice the devil, save a boatload of people."

"But not all of them. We gotta think of something else."

"Yeah, well, that's easy for you to say. But if Lucifer burns this mother down, and I coulda done something about it, guess what? That's on me."

"You can't give up, son."

"You're not my father. And you ain't in my shoes."

Zoey quietly watches as Bobby pulls a gun out of his desk and sets it on the table. He takes a bullet out of his pocket and looks at it.

"What is that?" Dean asks.

"That's the round that I mean to put through my skull," Bobby sets the bullet down on his desk in front of him, "Every morning, I look at it. I think, "Maybe today's the day I flip the lights out." But I don't do it. I never do it. You know why? Because I promised you I wouldn't give up!"

After Castiel disappears, Zoey finds Dean drinking a beer in the kitchen. She's happy to see him. He's refused to work with her for months, forcing her to stay put at Bobby's, and rarely speaks to her. Dean notices her presence, looks down, guilt creeping up in him.

"So?" Dean asks, almost a whisper, "You've been spying on me, huh?"

Zoey's smile drops, "Only when Sam asked."

"That's great." Dean scoffs, shaking his head.

Zoey exits the kitchen and Dean mentally curses. After hearing commotion, he heads back to the group and finds Castiel watching over Adam who's laying on the couch. Castiel doesn't know why the angels raised Adam, but knows they need to hide him, immediately. He touches Adam and carves Enochian sigils into his ribs in order to hide him from the angels. The pain wakes Adam and he looks around, confused. He explains that some archangel told him they were going to kill the devil. Castiel says it makes sense- Adam is John Winchester's bloodline and Sam's brother. They're going to use him as their new vessel.