Seven

Their voices are calm, soothing even and Zoey feels no immediate threat from the three men who tower in front of her. She wonders if she's hallucinating in hell again? Maybe this was the trick of a demon. She looks around, staring back at the room she was bound in. What was this place? Her mind is racing as the tallest man speaks softly, raising his hands slowly, "We're not going to hurt you, Zoey. We're here to help you. I'm Sam Winchester and this is my brother, Dean. That's Bobby. Do you remember us? Our dad John? We were friends... we grew up together... before you went missing. You're safe here."

Zoey squints hard, trying to bring a memory up to the surface, but she can't. Her gaze falls to her feet as the other brother speaks up, "Anyway, uh, you're probably hungry, huh? And want to shower, change into some clean clothes. If you come upstairs, you can get cleaned up and- and we'll get you something to eat."

At the mention of a shower and food, Zoey hesitantly takes steps upstairs. She follows behind the men cautiously and keeps her distance. She's given some clothes, directed to a bathroom, and can hear their hushed voices speaking in the other room. Once she strips of her old clothing, and manages to figure out how to turn on the shower, she sobs as the warm water sprays down on her skin. She scrubs herself not once, twice, but five times watching the dirt, grim, and blood swirl down the drain. Then, she lathers her hair and scrubs the shampoo and conditioner onto her scalp. She washes her hair more than three times when the water starts to get cold. After she gets out, and slips on the clean clothes, she wraps the towel around her hair and tries to dry it as best as she can. Three pairs of eyes are on her when she opens the bathroom door and exits. She doesn't pay much attention to her surroundings, she feels a sudden shyness and nervousness at the two smiling in her direction after they take in her clean appearance. Sam and Dean usher her into the kitchen to take a seat at the small table. Bobby places various foods in front of her, muttering about needing to take a trip to the grocery store.

Freshly showered, and wearing new clothes, Zoey sits at Bobby's table. She's still a little jumpy, as she finishes the plate of food that Bobby prepared for her. Sam and Dean stand in the living room. They're not sure what to say, or what to even ask her. Bobby walks up to them, whispering, "You two just gonna stand there and gawk at her all day like idjits?"

Sam clears his throat, entering the kitchen, pulling out a chair and sitting beside her, "Hi, Zoey. It's Sam. Uh, do you remember me?"

Zoey squints her eyes, shaking her head.

"Uh, right." Sam says, remembering the years of abuse and torture she was probably put through, "Do you have anything you wanna ask us, maybe? I'm sure you have questions."

Zoey's curiousity wins over her nerves and embarrassment as she shrinks down in her chair, whispering, "Who... found me?" Too shy to meet Sam's gaze.

Dean smiles, hearing her voice.

"Dean found you." Sam answers, "What do you remember?"

"The man... he t-took me. And then- I was in hell. I think." Zoey says, shivering at actually saying the word.

"What?" Bobby whispers, leaning closer to Dean, still in disbelief, "Did you see her down there?" Dean shakes his head.

The conversation's basically over as Zoey puts the walls back up around herself and quietly stares at the kitchen table. Sam asks about any injuries she might have and Zoey finds herself running her hands over her clothed self and shaking her head, confused. She mentions the man who she awoke to and Sam, Dean, and Bobby wonder why Castiel showed up without making his presence know... or how he even knew Zoey was here in the first place. Did he know about her all along? Was he informed by another angel? Did he hear demons talking about her? It all left a sour taste in their mouths. Having Zoey back with the two brothers made them quickly realize how different everything was now. They weren't kids anymore. They had responsibilites... heavy the-size-of-the-earth weight of responsibilities on their shoulders.