Thirty One

"So, what, Cas is human?"

"Ish. I mean, he's got no Grace, no wings, no... harp, whatever the hell else he had."

"Okay. Where'd he crash-land?"

"Called me from a pay phone from Longmont, Colorado. I told him just to make for the bunker."

"Well, you think he can handle a road trip like that?"

"Well, Cas is a big boy. Things go Breaking Bad, he knows our number. Right now we got bigger worries."

"The fallen angels?"

"Yeah. I mean, thanks to Metatron, we now have a couple of thousand confused loose nukes walking around down here."

"What do you think they're gonna do?"

"I got no damn clue."

"What about Crowley? You, uh..."

"I would've loved nothing better than to ice that limey bitch. But then I thought to myself, what would Sam Winchester do?"

"I'd've stabbed him in the brain."

"Oh.Well, I figured the King of Hell might know a few things, so why not Zero Dark Thirty his ass?"

"Wait, so Crowley is... alive?"

"Oh yeah. He's the junk in my trunk."

Zoey knows that Dean's got his hands full with Sam, Ezekiel, Kevin, and Crowley so she stays put at Jody's with Emma. Jody enjoys their company and spends most of her free time teaching Emma basic math skills (i.e, how to count money and change when a credit card wasn't available) and Zoey shared more about her past and the abuse she was subjected to by the humans and demons who kidnapped her. She called Sam, who apologized for his reaction to Emma, and reassured her that he was feeling better. Dean called more too. He updated her on everything that went on throughout the day and mostly voiced his concern for his little brother. He asked about Emma and told her that he would see her once it was a little more safe. Cas was still missing, angels were all over the place, they had Crowley and Kevin to deal with, and Abaddon wanted them all dead.

"So, you ready for it? The fallen angels? Abaddon? Cas, losing his halo, Crowley in our basement?"

"Crap. We're living in a freaking sitcom. What about you, how's the uh, the engine running?"

"Honestly, um, I feel better than I have in a long time. I mean, I realise it's crazy out there, and we have trouble coming for us, but I look around and I see friends, and family. I am happy with my life, for the first time in... forever. I-I am, I really am. It's just, things are... things are good."

"Never better."

With no new updates about Cas from Kevin, knowing that the graceless angel hadn't made it back to the bunker yet left a sour taste in Zoey's mouth. He should've made it there by now. She was convinced something bad had happened to him. So, when Jody and Emma slept one night, she snuck out, on a mission to find the missing angel. With everything else going on, and the boys being preoccupied with a dozen other problems, Zoey just wanted to do one thing to make it a little easier for them. Knowing that Castiel was safe at the bunker with Kevin would give Dean and Sam some comfort. She needed it right now, too.

~ SUPERNATURAL ~

"Oh, okay. Uh, he's-he's got dark hair, blue eyes, a little out of it."