Twenty Two

"Ben?" / "There's men in the house."

"What?" / "They killed Matt. They got Mom. They're coming, I hear them."

"What are they?" / "I-I don't know."

"Did you see their eyes?" / "No."

"Teeth?" / "No."

"This is important Ben, I need to know."

"Dean, I don't know."

"Okay, where are you now?"

"In my room."

"Can you get to your mom's closet? I left a shotgun in there."

"No. Dean, what do I do?"

"Okay, Ben, listen to me. Go to your window and jump."

"What?!"

"Any bones you break won't compare to what they're gonna do to you, Ben. You've got to jump."

"Okay, I'm going." Ben pushes some things off his desk. He climbs up and opens the window.

"I'm coming right now."

The demons kick Ben's door open.

"I'm coming to get you and your mom, I promise. You with me, Ben? Ben? Ben?"

The next thing Dean hears over the phone is Crowley's voice. Crowley offers an ultimatum: unless Dean and Sam back down and let them open the door to Purgatory, he'll kill Lisa and Ben. Dean refuses to back down, and, because they no longer trust Castiel, he and Sam summon Balthazar to ask for his help.

She recognizes the sound of the car before she sees it. The brothers pull into the supermarket parking lot and slam on the breaks in front of her, Zoey furrows her eyebrows in confusion and opens the back door, climbing in, "Everything okay?"

"Some of Crowley's demons took Lisa and Ben. We need your help finding them." Dean pushes down on the gas, lurching the car forward, making Zoey slam back into her seat. She's glad, she didn't buy too much or all of the groceries would be rolling around under the seats right now.

They race back to Bobby's. Dean's erratic driving leaves a trail from the supermarket all the way back to the salvage yard. It's a miracle they didn't get pulled over. As soon as they head inside, Zoey places the grocery bags on the kitchen floor, now forgotten, and requests a photo of Ben and Lisa as well as a map. It's been awhile since she's done this and the intense look in Dean's eyes is making her nervous. Zoey sits down, clutching the photo of the mother and son in her hands, closing her eyes, and wills herself to concentrate. After a minute or so, all of the outside noise around her fades away and she finds images rushing by her in a big blur. Like riding a bike, it all comes back to her. She hears muffled voices screaming and shouting, someone crying, and hold opens her palm. Sam or Dean place a pen in her hand, and she drags the tip of it across the map, leaving a mark, continuing to focus on the voices. It isn't until their faces become clearer, and Zoey's able to study their background, that she realizes she's circling an area on the map. When the beginning of a migraine hits her, she's jolted back to reality and takes a deep breath, dropping the pen, picture, and opens her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Sam asks.

"What did you see?" Dean asks, the same time as Sam.

"Demons tying them to chairs. I heard them screaming," She recalls, "They're okay. No serious injuries."

Dean breaths a sigh of relief, mumbling a "thank you" before picking up the map. While Bobby is out investigating about purgatory, the three head to the circled area on the map. They didn't need Balthazar after all.