Eighteen

[a/n: i know i haven't updated in awhile so this chapter's really long. let me know what you think. xx]

Zoey takes to her bed the first few weeks after Sam's plunge into the cage and Dean's departure. Bobby listened to her sobbing for days on end and tried to work through his own grief with alcohol like always. Zoey was clearly depressed and there wasn't anything Bobby could do about it. When he slowly got back into the swing of things, she took no interest and kept herself locked up in her bedroom. After the first month, Bobby caught sight of the several supernatural books littered around her room, including the newest release. When Zoey finally finished the books, she threw them against the wall in anger and cried. Bobby even flipped through the pages, still surprised to see his name and Zoey's name not mentioned anywhere.

When Dean did call on the occasion to update Bobby about life with Lisa and Ben, he always asked about Zoey but never spoke to her himself. This caused heated arguements between the two over the phone and then the calls just stopped coming.

After the few following months, Zoey gradually kept Bobby company and listened to his stories about cases he'd assigned to other hunters. Eventually, she took interest in baking again and got back to her little hobbies. Bobby was happy to see her finally crawl back from the dark place she'd put herself mentally. Just as the two seemed to be settling into their new normal, things took a turn for the worse. Sam showed up, fresh from hell, and wasn't even trying to hide himself as Bobby heard of his hunts and monster killings through the hunter grapevine. After awhile, Bobby was reacquainted with the younger Winchester and was surprised to find him running with a new group, without Dean, and his back-from-the-dead grandfather, Samuel. They mutually agreed, noone would mention his reappearance to Dean or Zoey. In retrospect, it seemed like a solid plan at the time, Dean had a family with Lisa and Ben, and Zoey was finally healing and living her life, shedding away all those years held captive with every new thing she tried out slash participated in. What they didn't expect was Zoey to suddenly go missing from Sioux Falls one afternoon.

Zoey had taken a short walk to the supermarket when witnesses claim they saw a group of men pull out tasers and throw her into a van. Instantly, Bobby alerted other hunters and Sheriff Mills of her disappearance.

Zoey screamed out in pain as the waves of electricity prevented her from using her powers and killing the men. She was knocked out, thrown into a van, and woke up to find a shock collar around her neck. She had no choice but to comply with their requests. She had no idea how long the car ride was, but if felt like hours. When she was finally allowed to take in her surroundings, it was dark, and she was outside of a large building. The men dragged her inside, threw her into a small room, and tossed something at her. After the door closed, she got on her knees, and reached for cloth-like item on the floor. She held the item closer to her face, squinting in the darkness, as her hands shook. Her eyes welled with tears, staring down at the hospital gown, "What the hell?" Who were these people? The longer Zoey stared at the hospital gown, the more she thought these "people" weren't people at all, but monsters wearing human faces. Days would turn into weeks, weeks would turn into months... she was missing, again.

~ SUPERNATURAL ~

"Hey, Dean. I was expecting, uh... I don't know, a hug, some holy water in the face- something."

"So I'm dead? This is Heaven? Yellow Eyes killed me, and now-"

"Yellow Eyes? That's what you saw?"

""Saw"?"

"You were poisoned. So whatever kind of crazy crap you think you been seeing, it's not real."