Twelve

"Dean? Dean. You listen to a word I said?"

"Yeah, I heard you. I'm not calling him."

"Don't make me get my gun, boy. We are damn near kickoff for Armageddon. And we're already down one. We got bigger fish at the moment. I know you're pissed and I'm not making apologies. But he's your-"

"Blood? He's my blood? Is that what you're gonna say?"

"He's your brother and he's drowning."

"Bobby, I tried to help him. I did. Look what happened."

"So try again."

"No, it's too late."

"There's no such thing."

"No, damn it. No. We gotta face the facts. Sam never wanted to be part of this family. He hated this life growing up. Ran away to Stanford first chance he got. Now it's like deja vu all over again. Well, I am sick... and tired of chasing him. Screw him. He can do what he wants."

"You don't mean that."

"Yes, I do, Bobby. Sam's gone. He's gone. I'm not even sure if he's still my brother. If he ever was."

"You stupid, stupid son of a bitch! Well, boohoo, I am so sorry your feelings are hurt, princess. You under the impression that family's supposed to make you feel good? Bake you an apple pie, maybe? They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!"

Bobby tells Dean he is a better man than his father ever was. Dean finds himself transported to the Green Room by Zachariah. He and Castiel appear and Zachariah says they are keeping him safe and focused for the grand finale. When he is alone, Dean finally calls Sam and leaves a voicemail apologizing for what he said to him.

Castiel cuts himself, drawing an angel banishing sigil on the wall with his blood. When Zachariah arrives to stop him, Castiel places a bloody handprint in the middle of the sigil and Zachariah is sent away. Castiel tells Dean he will take him to Sam to stop him from killing Lilith because her death is the final seal. When she dies, the end begins. To find Sam, Castiel and Dean visit the prophet Chuck Shurley, who has foreseen that Sam is at the Convent with Lilith. Before Castiel sends Dean to Sam, Dean has one last request.

~ SUPERNATURAL ~

The constant beeping of machines, the noise from her roommate, the chatter from doctors and nurses, the phlebotomists coming in like clockwork to draw blood, and the anxiety in the pit of her stomach with worry about the Winchester boys kept Zoey from getting a good (and much needed) rest. She dozed in and out of sleep, bags under her eyes, watching the minutes tick by on the clock, wondering how and where Sam and Dean were. Just when she thought she was going to doze off for more than a few minutes, she heard the familiar whoosh of air and flinched, looking beside her hospital bed to find Castiel. She took a deep breath, trying to calm her racing heart, "What are you doing here, Cas?"

"Dean sent me." He simply replies, putting his hand on her injury and healing her leg. She blinks, staring at her completely healed leg with even the bandages now gone. Zoey removes her blood pressure cuff, IV, and heart monitor.

"What's going on?" She asks, standing up off the bed, testing her weight on her now healed leg. It's good as new.

"It's Sam." Zoey blocks his hand mid air, before he can transport her, and looks down at her hospital gown.

"One second." After grabbing her bag of bloody clothes, she goes into the bathroom and quickly changes. When she comes out, Cas stares at her torn pants covered in her blood.