Chapter 7

7| Partners

A FIRE BURNED BRIGHT, THE HEAT FROM THE FLAMES BEING A RELIEF TO THE NIGHT CRISPS COLD AIR AS THREE BODIES STAND AROUND THE FLICKERING LIGHT

A FIRE BURNED BRIGHT, THE HEAT FROM THE FLAMES BEING A RELIEF TO THE NIGHT CRISPS COLD AIR AS THREE BODIES STAND AROUND THE FLICKERING LIGHT. The flames licked the side of Lincoln's face, his strong features being shown off as the shadows danced on his cheekbones. He stood there stiffly but relaxed at the same time, a weird feeling in his bones was left after hearing the words off of the letter Reyna had gotten from the Lion herself. Lexa was the third, her armor off and sword off her hip.

From where she stood on Reyna's side, Lincoln could see the similarities between the two warriors. While Lexa was slightly taller than Reyna, the oldest had more thin lines on her face. Her eyes held the knowledge Lexa didn't wield as a weapon. They might have been both trained by the same woman, only one of them has fought in a war. Their hair was different color and length. While Lexa let her hair down and only have the front braided back, Reyna kept her's in a ponytail, her own braids mixed in the mess. As Lexa stood with her chin held up and her back straight, Reyna's was to the ground, her spine slouched. The Commanders eyes were a cold ocean storm, Reyna's were a void of tawny brown. But they shared similar shapes of their noses and lips, their cheekbones almost the same height.

They were different in so many ways, but their hearts beat as one. They held the same blood in their veins, and that's the only thing they needed.

"Ice Nation is never going to let up," Lexa declares to the two, but they've come to that conclusion when they had fought on the same battleground in the North. Where their swords took many lives that day. "Now that they know about our conundrum with the Sky People their queen has become brave enough to poke at our army."

"They want to see what reaction they will get as we fight the Mountain Men," the male finishes up her thought, his jaw clenching after the words left his tongue.

Lexa let's out a breath from her nose, shuffling on her feet from standing too still for too long. "It won't be a matter of time until they see we thinned the line in the North," she was right, by the letter the Lion believed the Ice Nation will take the distraction to their advantage.

But the question is, how far will they take it?

"What I don't understand is why he messaged you, Lincoln?" The male in question tenses at Reyna's words, he could feel her fired up gaze burning against his skin. The flames in her eyes were hotter than the ones right at his feet.

"Lincoln, answer her," Lexa's voice might've been bleak, but he heard the warning laced in her words. Keep disrespecting her and you'll be in more trouble than sleeping with a Sky girl.

"He sent me a letter because I have someone up there working for you Heda."

The sisters perk up at that. Reyna thought he only had Octavia left, but she guesses even her own knowledge wasn't beyond much. For now though, Reyna will keep that information at the back her mind.