Chapter 15

15. Parting Feelings

THEY HAD BEEN TRYING FOR A FULL HOUR

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

THEY HAD BEEN TRYING FOR A FULL HOUR. An full hour their brains worked and grinded for a solution. Yet nothing seemed to be working. Bellamy had a pounding headache, his legs tired from standing for such a long period of time without moving. Sweat poured out of his skin as his clothes stuck to every place. Reyna had made her tenth walk around before eventually taking up a spot against a cement pillar just behind Bellamy. Her finger taps nervously against her arm as she stared at the sky boy before her with impatience. She'd never been in a situation like this before. Where she felt so hopeless for not being able to help at all. But this wasn't her specialty. She didn't know what type of things Bellamy's people did, and as much as she distaste Raven, she has to relied on her.

"Okay uh.... level indicator-"

"No." Bellamy clenches his jaw at that answer.

"Do you see an actuator anywhere?"

"I have no idea what that is," Bellamy responds with slight annoyance to his words. They kept throwing him into this loop where he had no idea where it started and where it ended. An endless cycle of big words he ended up answering with the same answer of 'I don't know what that means.'

"come on what else?"

Reyna rests her head onto her palm, trying to massage away her stress. But it wouldn't go away. The longer they spent in here, the more anxious she became. It was only a matter of time before someone came in here and found them, or relies the door has been tampered with.

"Internal pressure sensor."

"No."

"Set point and alarm."

"Let's avoid that one."

"Maintenance and cleaning." Bellamy waited for the 'no' or sarcastic response back. But one never came. Instead, there was a pause and Reyna lifted her head in hope. She quickly made her way to him, silently asking what was happening. But Bellamy shakes his head at her. He didn't understand why cleaning something was making them pause. Hell, he barely understood pre chemistry class. He wondered what Reyna thought of all of this. What she thought of all of these new words. She looked as lost as he was, but at least she didn't try and pretend like he did.

"Bellamy, go to that subdirectory. See if there's anything there that says 'passivation.'" Hope swirls into his chest at those words. He quickly went to work, tapping onto the maintenance button. A new folder opened up with more coding. Reyna bit on her fingernail in anticipation as she continued to watch over his shoulder.

"okay, I'm on it. I got it." He opened up a new folder. A ph meter popped up onto the screen with three button above it. Proceed, manual override, and cancel. One side of the meter read zero and was red. As the numbers went higher, the red slowly turned to a dark blue color.