Chapter 1

1| Lock Up

Reyna glances over her shoulder to lock eyes with her sister

Reyna glances over her shoulder to lock eyes with her sister. Her face smudged with dirt and oil to make them both look like prisoners. Ripped and raggity clothes hang on their bodies, their arms bare and tattoos shown. In Lexa's hand was a pot filled with water while in Reyna's was a roll of bread. Warriors surounded them as protection for them but also to put on a show for the Sky people. Gustus stood ahead of the two, his strides long and slow passed as his mind was filled with the orders Lexa had told them.

Everyone had their orders assigned by lexa. Reyna had the best memory, a warrior who knew how to read people like the spy she used to be for her sister. For years she's been travelling around the world they know, gaining information and people for Lexa's Coalition. It was where she met some of her most trusted friends, also where she lost people she had bonded with, her life forever wrapped in their's. It wasn't until the war between the coalition and the Ice Nation did Lexa call her back, staying by her sisters side ever since then, horrors they've gone through during the war bringing them closer as sisters. It was Reyna's job to pick out which man had the best intention, who could benefit their people.

Lexa sends a small nod to her sister, telling her silently that the plan was going as plan. Reyna looks forward again, her eyes following Gustus while her feet moved her forward. As they approached the locked gate, a warrior comes forward and unlocks it, pulling the gate open and allowing them to go through. Gustus was first, then three guards before Lexa and Reyna came in. Reyna and her sister stayed behind Gustus, taking in the scene.

One stayed seated while the other stood up. One of the Sky people was light skinned, his hair dark along with his eyes and his ripped clothes. One shoe off, his chained ankle skin red and raw from him trying to slip the metal off but no such luck. The other was dark skinned, little amount of hair on his head while the hair on his chin was a mix of black and white. He was the one to first arrive, the first Sky Person Reyna had ever seen. Both their faces trying to show off bravery but Reyna could smell the exhaustion and fear that reeked off.

Two warriors came marching to the sitting one, they both grabbed a arm while the one on the right punched the man. His head was flinged to the left by the impact as the other man protested.

"Stop! We came in peace," he tried to tell Gustus, his hand raised towards him. The two warriors didn't stop their beating while Gustus mearly sends a small glance in the mans way. "We came in peace!" He yelled this time, his voice echoing. Reyna narrows her eyes at him, taking in his panic expression. She could tell by his eyes that he was telling the truth, that he only wanted this "peace" he was going on about.

The warriors made the other man stand on his two feet, his breathing heavy from his beating. Gustus turns his head to give Reyna and Lexa a look, indicating to move. Noticing the look, Reyna immediatly moved forward with Lexa, but unlike her sister, she didn't drag her leg as she walked to the corner.