Chapter 2

2 |Princess Meets Queen

Reyna wipes away the remaining dirt on her cheek with a wet rag, her ripped clothing was swamped with her regular clothes and armor

Reyna wipes away the remaining dirt on her cheek with a wet rag, her ripped clothing was swamped with her regular clothes and armor. They've just gotten back to Polis and she was proud of herself for being able to get some information out Marcus. He had told them the exact coordinates of their base, how many people they have, and what type of weapons they have. Lexa had left after she told her the information and Reyna guesses she was making plan with the war generals. She would be with her sister but she rather have some time to herself, if they do go to war with Skaikru then she would have very limited time to relax so she was having it now and not later.

Just as Reyna was about to flop down on her bed, her bedroom door was opened, gaining the brunette's attention. Reyna flickers her gaze away from her bed to the door to find Lexa walking in, the guards closing the doors behind her. Her face was decorated by her war paint, which sent a wave of confusion to fill Reyna. Her armor strapped on, along with the signature commanders shoulder armor and the commanders crest glued to the middle of her eyebrows.

Furrowing her brows, Reyna asks, "What are you doing here Lex and why are you ready for war?"

Lexa takes a few steps closer to her while folding her hands together behind her back. "I have decided to move our army just a few miles away from the Sky peoples camp. So we'll be leaving soon and I'm here to help you with getting ready."

"Why so soon?" Lexa didn't respond to her question, only nodding her head to the balcony before she started to make her way to it. Confused and a little worried, Reyna follows behind her little sister as she pushed open the doors before stopping at the cement wall. Reyna steps up next to her and her eyes widen in surprise. In the front of their tower, the coalitions army stood, weapons sharpened as their yells were heard from all the way up from where they stood, looking down at their warriors. Their yells consisted of cursing the Sky people, wanting them dead, or simply the way they would kill them.

"The ambassadors want the justice they deserve for the killings and they want it now," Lexa speaks, gaining Reyna's attention. "They want me to show that we don't hesitate when it comes to taking the justice we want and I agreed with them." The commander turns her head to look at her sister, her eyes holding a questionable look. "What do you think?"

Reyna lets out a sigh through nose, glancing over at her before staring down at the army. She understood why Trikru would want the justice they deserve since it as their people that was slaughtered, but she didn't understand why the other ambassadors wanted it too. The only thing she could think of is that they have always hated any type of outsiders and the Sky people are the definition of outsiders because they came from the sky like the falling stars up north. She knew that Lexa had a hard time picking on following what she believes is right or what her people think is right and that was the reason she had Reyna by her side. Reyna was able to help Lexa decide on the more reasonable side and that normally was con of what the ambassadors thought about outsiders. But those outsiders were completely different then the Sky people, they never killed their people unless it was a life or death situation to which the two sisters always aloud the outsiders to live with only a limited punishment. This time the Sky people not only started a war with Trikru by setting an entire village on fire, but they massacred innocents in another Trikru village, and they also threatens them with the technology they said they had. No matter what Reyna or Lexa thinks, they need to show their dominance over them before it turns into a killing chaos.