Chapter 4

4|Fire Burns All

Lexa and Reyna stood side by side, both with a wide smile on their faces as they share a story from when they were little together

Lexa and Reyna stood side by side, both with a wide smile on their faces as they share a story from when they were little together. It was time like this that the two really felt human and not the leaders of twelve clans that are in the middle of the start of a war. A time that will bring the future them comfort in difficult times. It's hard not to enjoy the time you have with the one person you truly care about and love.

"That was not my fault, how was I supposed to know that Anya was going to come back earlier than I thought," Lexa scoffs at her sister playfully, her brows raised.

"You were in a tree how did you not see her coming back?!"

"I was too busy getting the arrow that you got stuck in the tree out because you thought you could hit that bird," Reyna laughs as she throws her sisters words back at her, causing the Commander to hold her hands up in mock surrender, a grin gracing her lips.

"Alright well you got me there," the two share a laugh, their eyes twinkling in amusement as the moment dances on the back of their eyes, something that was so faint in the background and yet the two could still picture Anya's furious face when she saw them doing other activities instead of training. And if Reyna closed her eyes, she could still hear little Lexa's voice warning her come down, smell the bark of the tree and feel the toughness of the wood underneath her fingertips as she gripped the base of it, feel the sunlight that peeks through the leaves hit her tan skin as she untangled the arrow out of the large jumble of leaves while dodging the pecking bird who tried to defend it's nest.

But soon the jolly mood was ruined by the sound yelling coming from outside of their tent, causing their smiles to fall on the ground as the tension seeped through the fabric. With one look shared, the two made their way out their tent and into the darkness of the night, the white crescent high in the sky with twinkly lights shifting around the shape. The air was colder with the sun gone, making Reyna and Lexa grab a jacket to wrap around their top half's as they step through the opening of the tent.

There stood a whole pack of warriors, and in the middle was the one and only Finn the murderer. His hands were tied tightly behind his back, the rough rope digging and agitating his skin. The rope traveling to two different warriors hands who sat high on their horses, a gag deep in Finn's mouth making the fabric dig into his tongue to keep it down. But what took Reyna by surprise was the look in his eyes, they held nothing but peace swirling inside his brown eyes. But if she looked closer, she could find that sliver of fear still clinging onto that peace as the boy tried to shake it off, and yet it didn't let go.

"Lock him up, I want ten of my guards at his tent all night. I don't want any more surprises from the Sky people tonight," Lexa ordered, her voice strong as she held the boy's gaze.