Chapter 10

10|Fire Burns All
"I can light the world on fire, and I'll never let a flame touch her."

         LOKI STARES INTENTLY AT THE FLOPPING BODY INFRONT OF HIM

         LOKI STARES INTENTLY AT THE FLOPPING BODY INFRONT OF HIM. His eyes burn and were dry from lack of sleep he has gotten in his own little cage, shivering and blowing on the last ember of hope he had left, wondering when it will start to burn a great fire in him once again that left him brave. But all he felt was the darkness whipping and hissing at the burning ember, trying to stuff it out.

It was so close when Reyna was thrown into the heap with them all. It went utterly and wildly silent as the Commanders Second was dragged into the torture room they called their home for the time being, was hung upside down as the rest, her blood draining from her body and taking a few shades of color from her skin. The silence was so heavy and filled with shock and surprise that itself became noise.

The sound of hope.

Hope was just a few meters from the cages, hanging upside down unconscious and being drained from a liquid she needed to survive. Hope was the steady beep from the machine that told them all she was still alive, kicking and fighting against the hold of the sedative they injected into her. When the guards had finally left, the room erupted into cries of relief, thrill, and some even in horror. Because if Reyna was in here, the wrath of the Commander was coming soon.

Looming over the mountain and ready to destroy it from limb to limb.

So he sat back. Waiting with the rest for her to awaken. Loki had watched when one of the new others woke from his own sedated slumber. He rolled his eyes as he rattled the cages lock, kicking and pulling against the thin old thing. He grunted out his own displeasure of the loud ruckus he was making when the door was opened. Loki slid back as far as he could like the rest of the others when they started to rank their hungry gazes through the cages.

Now, he was pressed up against the cold metal, the ember burning brighter and hotter in his chest as he watched the scene in front of him unravel. His Commanders Second was dangling from the ceiling, limp as a rotting corpse ready to be thrown into the river. The Sky boy was to her left, the same position as her but with how long his limbs were, his hands skim the concrete floor with each slight rocking of his body. Loki could practically see their hearts about to burst from their chest as the door clicks open and in came a lone guard.

The young girl, Maya, freezes in her spot near one of the stone walls. Fear rolls off of her skin in layers of sweat, her dark smooth skin glittering in the dim light. Her ebony eyes dart from the strolling, confused looking guard to the two dangling bodies. Loki scowls. If this girl doesn't calm down she'll doom them all.

"Lovejoy, hey." Her voice screams nervousness and Loki's scowl deepens. This girl was going to lose their own chance of escaping this hell.

"What are you doing here? You're not cleared for this facility," suspicious was heavy on his tongue, heavy in his eyes as he waited for an answer.