Chapter 14

14| You Betrayed Me

REYNA WAS GONE by the time Bellamy came barreling into the room

REYNA WAS GONE by the time Bellamy came barreling into the room. His heart was erratic, emotions overflowing in his body like a lake after a heavy rain. For his partner was not where he left her, a partner that was kill first, ask questions later in the mountain of Hell.

Bellamy was not a person to panic quite easily, but if Reyna was dead somewhere...

Clarke would have his head for getting their only leverage over Lexa dead. And Reyna didn't deserve to die for who she was. Bellamy had to admit, she was a good soul. A person with too much pressure on her shoulders and not enough hands to carry the world.

He likes her, respects her. Trust? Now that came tricky for Bellamy, no matter who you were or what people you were fighting for. Trust... did he trust her?

To have his back in the mountain? Yes. To keep him alive in this mountain? Yes. But outside of this torture loving place...

He dashes out of the room, whipping his head around in every direction of the narrow halls, trying to find just a glimpse of those messy braids she was too stubborn to take out. But all he found was emptiness, not a whisper of footsteps flowing through the air. Only cold, vast emptiness.

"Shit."

She could be anywhere with anyone. She could have been taken by guards, a janitor that had to clean their empty room after remembering that it existed. The guards would've taken her straight to the cages, maybe stop by at Cage's office and have her tortured to figure out how she got out. Maybe even worse if one of the grounders tells them who she was for good graces.

Or maybe she left.

Bellamy didn't want to think of that possibility. Didn't want to mistaken their newly made bond one just made for deceit. But the thought kept ticking away like a bomb about to go off in his head as he wandered around the hallways looking for that familiar head of molten brown braids.  Her and Lexa could have made this the plan all along. Have Reyna split away from Bellamy and begin her own agenda.

Bellamy can picture it clearly now. Lexa, a girl made to never trust anyone turning against her only ally in order to save her own skin. Leave the alien strangers to die at the hands of a common enemy.

Reyna would have done whatever Lexa demanded of her. For Lexa was the Commander, her leader. And Bellamy wasn't anyone to her. Nothing but an enemy twisted and blurred by a flimsy peace treaty between their people.

Bellamy doesn't know how much more betrayal he can take. How many times can his back take a knife to it before his thick scars stopped healing and his body runs dry of blood?