Chapter 6

6| Mystery

AN EERIE FEELING FLOWS AROUND IN THE AIR, ONE SIDE GROUNDER, THE OTHER SIDE SPACE

AN EERIE FEELING FLOWS AROUND IN THE AIR, ONE SIDE GROUNDER, THE OTHER SIDE SPACE. Only two looked like the other half, one being blood and the other wanting to be. He hair was braided as a traditional grounders, to keep it out of the way during battle but keeping it neat and tight. The midnight strands were shiny, showing off the lack of bathing they had. Her clothes were less put together as if she just picked up whatever looked like grounder clothing and put it on. Reyna notes down every detail, every little nook and cranny of her body and how she stands. If she ever needed to fight the girl she knew how to win.

Lincoln noticed Reyna's stare and shuffled slightly closer to his lover, and Octavia was thankful for that. Reyna's stare burned large holes in every edge of her body and she found herself shrinking into herself, climbing back into that small hole in the ground.

Octavia swears she saw her lips twitch upwards for a split second, but it could've been her imagination.

The clanking of the iron door being opened grabbed their attention, and soon the blonde came walking down with her chin tilted up and her stare on Lexa. The others soon joined at her side, Bellamy the closest. Reyna meets his stare, one that was absentmindedly staring back.

She sends him a nod, and he sends one back stiffly.

"Please accept this gift, commander. We drink this at special occasions, I believe this qualifies," Marcus spoke loudly but softly. His eyes travels back and forth between the sisters, showing his respect to the women in power as he holds the glass out to them, a small charming smile spreading on his face.

Lexa only looks to her side, nodding at Gustus. The man moves like a machine being programmed by its master, and he takes the gift in his large callous hands. He passes it to Lexa, who takes it in both hands and admires it, before handing it to Reyna. She held it, examining the clouded glass with a curious look. They had such drinks themselves, but this one looked just like fresh water.

"Thank you, Marcus of the Sky People," she glances up at the sound of her sisters voice, straightening up when she saw a few of the Sky People's gazes were on her. Including a certain one.

"Your welcome, Lexa kom Trikru," Reyna snaps her gaze to the man, raising her brow at their words that flowed out of his mouth a lot better than she thought it would. "Just uh, don't drink too much of it." He tried to joke, but it stayed silent and Lexa's face was the same as it always was, blank and flavorless.

"Clarke, let us drink together," Lexa offers, and Reyna only sends her a side glance.

"It would be my pleasure," the blonde responded but no pleasure was laced in her words, it was left emotionless, but tired.

Lexa went to work, taking the glass from Reyna's hands as another grounder handed Gustus two cups for her to pour it in. She pours the colorless liquid into them, making sure they were equal in amounts before placing the glass down and handing one cup to Clarke.