Chapter 5

5| Past Is Hollow

THE ORANGE FLAMES DANCED IN REYNA'S EYES LIKE PARTNERS DURING THE CELEBRATION OF BEKKA, THE ORANGE BRIGHTENING UP THE BROWN AND TURNING IT TO A CARAMEL COLOR

THE ORANGE FLAMES DANCED IN REYNA'S EYES LIKE PARTNERS DURING THE CELEBRATION OF BEKKA, THE ORANGE BRIGHTENING UP THE BROWN AND TURNING IT TO A CARAMEL COLOR. Hair braided back tightly, her own black warpaint already dry on her skin, holding the same design as her younger sisters. The new Commander. While Lexa was in Polis with Titus, creating new strategies, Reyna was far up in the North with a small group of warriors she had taken with her. Animal fur and skin wrapped over her armor to keep in her body heat.

They say the cold in Ice Nation could take down an entire army in one night with its high speed wind that felt like a whip hitting their skin every few seconds with the cold air. Snow that was up to your knees, forest trees in hibernation that made very direction look like the way you came from. A regular man would be lost, killed either from the cold or starvation. Animals still up and looking for a good feast with other animals gone and in the south. Many warriors talked about a myth where the Ice Queen could control the winter, her way of wearing down her enemy before striking. But Reyna knew better, this is the real world where no one had such powers. In the real world, war was fought for the greater good, for family and friends they leave behind to protect.

Ever since Costia was taken under Lexa's nose, she's been acting on impulse, going against Titus' knowledge. This had started a hesitation in the army Lexa has taken so long to build, and there was no way Reyna was going let Nia use that against her little sister. The queen had tried to break and bend her sister, but Reyna would die before that would happen. So here she was, fighting side by side with Lexa's army to show their devotion towards them and this war.

The Commanders Second and sister, putting her own life on the line with warriors to take down the Ice Nation, it was one hell of a statement.

Reyna sat on a log, hands clasped, eyes staring at the dancing flames that gave her the performance of her life. But as it did she had her mind set on the strategy Lexa had told them in a letter that came this morning. While the main focus of the army would be hitting the Ice Nations army at the front, Reyna and her small group will sneak from the side and fight the army from behind, taking out any bows and arrows that stood behind a wall of Ice Nation warriors for protection.

The only real issue being an 4,000 feet mountain they would have to climb.

"What are you thinking about?" Reyna blinks, her mind refocusing on the world around her to find Leo sitting on a log across from her. Wolf skin wrapped tightly around him making his body look bulkier than it is, a possum hat hiding his shorten black hair, something men did to help from hair pulling during battle. His eyes were hazel brown, too light to be called brown but too dark to be called caramel. His jaw was strong from the amount of times it had thicken with muscle from being punched over time and cut, thin lips that were chapped from the winter cold. His beard was trimmed but longer than normal to keep his face warm during the winter. It was weird seeing him with such a thick long beard, but Reyna has grown to love it. His cheeks and nose earning a red color from the cold air.