【Chapter Eight: One Mistake=More Mistakes】

(((THIS IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR KIDS UNDER THE AGE OF FOURTEEN - OR FIFTEEN)))

【Chapter Eight: One Mistake=More Mistakes】

After that one day, I stayed in my room and in my bed for most of the time that passed throughout the day. I refused to move around much, and ignored anything that involved showing my face to the world. Bellicose had actually sent me a few messages that said they wanted me to show my face to the world so that they could know I was ok, but I denied each time and kept myself in silence. To the world, I was still missing, still gone. They thought Sion still had me, and in my mind, he did. He had me in a tight headlock - or maybe even an embrace?- that he would not pull away from and which I could not break through. 

The whole glass concept of my house annoyed me now. Frustrated me. Why the hell would I want the enemy to watch me look for a place to hide, or for my weapons? Why the hell should I let them know when or if I’m coming, and why the hell am I such an idiot? I had to get those windows dyed soon. Or tinted; anything to make it so that no one could see the inside of my house. 

One day, my phone wouldn’t stop ringing and ringing, and my paranoia reached it’s limit. I wanted to answer the phone just to shut it up, but then I’d be faced with the chance of it being Sion and I didn’t want to take that chance, not when his voice haunted my every thought…

“Pet, get up and do some stretches…” or, “Why do you torture yourself, Pet? Just answer the phone already.” And sometimes even, “Come on out, Pet. I’m waiting outside for you.” Scared, I was so scared. And then, of course, the few words that I always heard in my head - “Oh, another thing: Have you ever thought about killing someone of the Corrupted Court?” I did now. I thought about it every hour of the day. Every damn minute, really. 

It became a mantra after a while, one that had morphed the words so that Sion’s voice now said to me, “Think about killing one of the Corrupted Court, of the pleasure it would bring you.” And I did. I thought about killing Aldan first. I thought about it long enough. 

Then I actually did it. 

I don’t know what had gotten into me, what had made me do what I did that day, but I geared up in the usual; sleek, black boots with sharp, titanium heels, black leather pants that were skin tight but good with flexibility, and a black shirt that went past the usual turtleneck style and covered over half of my face too. Lastly, I tucked every white strand of hair away into a black hood and then headed for my kitchen, ignoring my throwing knives. That day, I’d be using a kitchen knife and I’d enjoy it. 

Using my laptop, I searched for the blueprints of Aldan’s home and then hacked into his security cameras, which just so happened to all be turned off. Oh, how I wonder why. I decided to not use my car for this, knowing that if I did and if Bellicose were to call me, they’d see me in my killing gear. And so I made the ten mile trek to his house, using the dark as my cover, and snuck into his house through the window. There, I found out why he had all his security cameras off. 

“Come on, honey, I’m a part of Bellicose. You know? Why not give me a taste…?” The sick bastard was doing something that could make him a Mistake. Make him a target. And so at that point, I had my mind made up for sure, knowing that if I killed Aldan in that second, I’d have a goddamn good reason for it. I watched him corner a pretty red-head - a pure civilian - a leer on his face, and that expression…! I walked in then, and pushed him away from the woman, fixing her with a cold stare.

“Listen to me and leave now, alright? Aldan here has an unattended appointment.” The woman didn’t hesitate to escape the room, leaving some of her valuables in the room without even giving them a backwards glance. Aldan was that much of a creep. And Aldan was mad. He glared at me with fiery eyes that sad he wanted to kill me but knew that he couldn’t. And then his eyes widened when they met with my violet ones. “Aldan Vens, you’ve used the name of Bellicose for your own personal gain. That is a mistake, thus, you are a Mistake.”