In An Alternate World

It all started out with an idea. Or more, a desire. A dream to be. A forbidden dream - though not outlawed, it just sounded so wrong to me - that involved non-other than my team's captain: Sion. Dreamy, handsome, strong Sion. And so caring. So passionate for his job. And very,very muscular. 

      "Are you paying attention to me? Darcy?" I jerked back into reality, to where Sion was teaching me some new defense moves. His arm wrapped around my waist repositioning me, and I had the briefest images pass by through my mind of us dancing through a dome building, Sion grinning ferociously... "You have to focus most of your weight on this leg and then-" he kicked my leg up with his from behind and then spun me around so that the high kick swung in an ark. "There," he murmured, but I was no longer paying attention to it. I was paying attention to how we were now facing one another and how his arms were firm on my waist. 

      I backed away, feeling awkward but Sion pulled me closer, shaking his head. "I rather like this position we're in, so why not stay like this for a minute, hm?" I forced my eyes shut, feeling more than just a little awkward at our position. This, in a way, was both a blessing and a curse in my eyes; a blessing because this was Sion!But a curse for the exactly same reason. Sion was a known ladies man, and for him to suddenly take interest in me after all the months spent on the same team...

      Something just wasn't right, in my opinion. Finally, after a moment longer of that awkward silence, he let go and I was so close to sprinting away, but his words stopped me. "Darcy, wait." I could feel his grip on my arm already and internally cursed for being so slow. I wasn't one much for speed. It was more of how I moved and the ways I could move my body. Being an ex-gymnast did that to your body.

      But when I turned around, I'd expected for Sion to say something about the moves he'd been "teaching" me earlier or maybe to say that if I had the time we could meet tomorrow too to see how I could improve. I was so wrong, and it gave me more than a small shock when he pulled me back to his body and planted his lips lightly over mine.

      It wasn't a true kiss, I can say that at least, but more of a tease. A taste to savor before the real thing came, but Sion never went further than that, pulling away when it became clear I wasn't going to respond, save for the way I was practically hyperventilating. Sion's hand - I hadn't noticed it as it curled around my hair at the back of my neck - pulled back too, taking a few loose strands of hair to his nose. He inhaled, and the lust I saw was overwhelming.

      "Think about it."

      With that in mind, I rushed away from the scene, feeling guilty and flushed for no reason at all. Well, the guilt at least. The flush on my face had plenty of an explanation. I wanted Sion; there was no denying what was already there, but the fact that he wanted me was never considered. That he could ever look at me with those eyes...! It was like a dream becoming a living nightmare, and I hated that because I'd wanted it and now that I - kind of - had it, I wanted nothing but to push it away.

      It's because you're too scared, I scolded, pinching my nose as I passed by the washrooms of the station. Something had gone wrong with pluming so... yeah, bad smells over there. Why not give him a chance? Especially because you wanthim. It's not a sin to date. Just... get it over with!Even so, easier said than done. It took two weeks of walking around Sion, trying to say something and then just bailing out at the last minute.

      So I opted for another kind of confrontation. 

      I'd seen it done countless times before - in movies - and I was sure of myself. I could do it! I would do it!