Chapter 33

(Riley's P.O.V)

He's alive! Jonathan's alive! After the nurses told us that he died of suffocation. He came back to life! That amazing man. Dead for three hours and ten minutes, then decides to come back to life.

        Flashback

"Is he okay?" I ask the nurse. Me and David were sitting in the lobby of the hospital.

"He's dead but their might be a very slight chance he comes back to life. We're working on trying to bring  him back to life but if he is not alive in three hours, he will never come back."

The nurse walks away and I started to cry into David. I must fell asleep on him because someone later I felt someone shaking me. I wake up and David told me he was dead. I didn't want to believe him. I looked at the clock. One o'clock in the morning. Three hours after we had the ambulance come and get him. I started to cry again. David was trying to calm me down when a nurse came in.

"Are you two from Mr. Toews?" she aid, saying his last name correctly

"Yes we are, what is it?" I asked.

"He's alive! Come with me."

We follow her to Jonathan's room. We go inside and I see him, awake and lying in bed.

But Jonathan coming back to life is the last thing on my mind. The horror of Cole abusing me and me killing him. I should be happy he's dead, but I caused his death. Cole died because of me and Jonathan almost died because of me. What type of person am I or have become.

"Excuse me miss." A voice said from behind me. I turn around but all I could see is the darkness of outside. "Yes?" I asked.

"I'm detective Chase, do you know who RIley Tyler is?" he said.

"Yes, I'm Miss. Tyler." 

"May I ask you a couple questions?" 

"Yes"

He asked me questions about Cole and Jonathan and everything that happened. I gave him the answers he wanted while trying not to cry.

He thanked for my time and walked off. I walked back inside the hospital. I sat on the couch inside the hospital and everything started to get dark.