Chapter 1

(Jonathan's P.O.V)

We stayed in our pajamas for the rest of the day. At 11:45 we turned on NBC and wait to watch the Winnipeg Jets at the Minnesota Wild in the Winter Classic at noon. I loved playing in the two I have done against the Red Wings and Captails. We lost against the Red Wings, 6-4 and lost against the Captails, 3-2. I get off the couch and walk over to Riley. She was in the kitchen making lunch. I walk over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"You ready to watch the Winter Classic?" I ask her.

"You bet. Isn't funny how all my brothers who play hockey are in the Winter Classic this year." she said

"Yeah it is. You want to place a bet on who wins?"

"Sure, the stakes?"

"If I win, you have to join the team at one of are practices."

"Okay. If I win, you have to join my group at one of are practices."

"But I can't play anything." I said. Which was a lie, I could play guitar but I had a surprise involving it.

"I can teach you the basics of how to play a trumpet."

"Okay, coin flip?"

"Go for it."

I  pull away from her and grab a coin from my pocket. I flip the coin into the air, "Call" I said. 

"Heads" she said. I grab the coin and flipped it on to the back of my hand. "Tails" I said "So I get to pick first." I though of some of the players on the teams. "Winnipeg Jets" 

"Of course" she said. "You pick your home town."

"Not necessarily, they have a couple people I know and those people play good."

"Oh, just shut up pretty boy." she said. She pulls me in real close and she kisses me. The oven beeps and we pull away from each other. She pulls the pizza out of the oven as I grabbed the sodas.

******

"Come on Brian!" I yelled at the TV.  The game was tied at 4 a piece and it had gone into a shootout. It was Riley's brother, Brian turn to shoot. He skates down ice and puts it into the net. It was 2-2 in the shootout. The shootout enter its 8 round and I pause the T.V.

"What did you do that for?" Riley asked.

"Care to double the bet?" I ask

"What do you mean?"

"We bet on how long the shootout goes and whoever is closer wins. We keep what we said before the game started."

"Sure, but I get to pick first."

"Ok, your number?"

"A 19 round shootout."

"Hey, I was going to pick 19."

"I know you were."

I stuck my tongue out at her. "Fine I say a 20 round shootout." I say. I unpause the TV and we watch the rest of the shootout. It ended up going into a 19 round shootout with the Winnipeg Jets winning.

"I guess I have a team practice to go to in the future." Riley said.

"I guess you have to teach me trumpet and I have a group practice to go to in the future." I said.

"Yep, when do you want to start?"

"Maybe tomorrow."

"Ok" I pull her into me and kiss her.