6:The meeting

I waited (Im)patiently at my couch for the doorbell to ring.
My heart was racing. I put the tv head on so she couldn't see my face. And so I could try to find out what it was like to talk to people with the thing on.
And there it was. Not a ring but a knock. I guess she just didn't know the doorbell was there?

"Hello are you *redacted*?" she said softly
It was easy to be intimated by the house, especially because there was only one person living in it.

"Yes that's me, please, do come in." I said
I could already tell she was uneasy (I can read people,remember)
"So, how are you doing today?" She said loudly this time.
"I'm doing well, and by the way you don't need to yell, I can hear just fine."
"Oh. Well what did you want to talk about?"
"It's about this." I said, pointing to the tv.
"What about it? If you want to wear it at school then that's allowed. As long as it's not hurting anyone then it's fine." She said in a reassuring tone.
"Thank you, though I'll only wear it during school hours, I can see out of it as well so that won't be a worry, I have a regular mask for when I'm in my dorm or anywhere else i would like to wear it."
"If it's not too personal, why do you wear it?"
"I don't really want to get into it but there's a certain part of myself I'd rather not want anyone to see."
"Oh, I understand, I understand completely dear. But it'd be hard for you to get on a bus with that on, so would you be okay with going in the schools personal bus? There'd only be me and a few other staff members. So not crowded at all."
"I'd like that a lot, thank you."

I opened the door and she made her way out. She said that she'd pick me up next Friday at noon. And I was excited. I'd finally have a place to go, a place I wanted to be, a place where I might finally be accepted. A place where a can be free.

And so I packed my things and prepared for my journey to new lands.

Hello! This is the end of the prologue. Everything from now will be in the present tense and chapters will probably be a little longer. Thank you for reading