24: Spread your wings

Vivians POV

I haven't even talked about this with Matti yet. How am i supposed to do it with him?

"I guess I should start off asking you this. But have you ever wanted to change yourself?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Well, before I came here, I was very shy, basically an outcast. Picked on by other kids. Not anything too bad. I got called names when I was younger because I was so shy. And I faced the same treatment when I came home. I didn't feel comfortable anywhere before I came here. I also got picked on because I was smart. I had the nerd stereotype placed right on my back. When I first started here, nobody knew who I was. They didn't see me as anything yet. So, as you'd expect, I changed who I was. I'm not saying I'm a fake person. Everything about me is authentic. But I decided to come out of my shell, joke around. I make myself seem a lot more dumb than I actually am so people will like me more. I just didnt wanna be an outcast anymore.And it worked. But sometimes, I wish people would stop seeing me as some idiot. Everyone always expects the worst of me. Like I don't have any common sense. I'm so sick of it!"

"I dont think youre dumb."

"You're just saying that."

"I'm not."

"Then why did you expect me to ask you so many questions about a scar!"

"I don't know I-

"I just want people to stop expecting me to act like a child when they tell me things. I don't expect you to trust me. Just treat me like a person."

'"I'm sorry. I really don't think your dumb. I didn't know how Matilda would act when I told her."

"She knew about it before me? I mean of course she did. She's the smart one. The one that everyone goes to. Hell, even I go to her with my issues. Look, I get it, she's trustworthy, I'm not. She's the one that doesn't freak out about everything."

"I never said that Vivian."

"I'll leave you alone. I don't even know why I tried to talk about this. I only ever make things worse."

"No, don't go!" his yell echoes through the room. All of the sudden a set of fairy-like wings appear.

"Woah." I've researched magic. And its users. He's definitely one of them. I go to hug him

"Sorry, sorry. I just never knew you were a magic user!'

"You, know what those are.?"

"I like to research random things sometimes. Magic happened to be one of the things I was interested in."

"Wow, that's really cool. I was afraid you would think I was a freak with wings."

"Stop it with the freak stuff. I'd never think that of you. Plus freak isn't a bad word unless you use it as one. A lot of monsters describe themselves as freaks. It's a fun term to use sometimes.But that's besides the point, magical beings are so fascinating. I'd be happy to tell you more. What type are you? Just so I can get an idea.."

"Allistar, I've researched this stuff a lot. I know what I'm talking about. But if you need to know where I learned about it. My family's library has a lot of books on magic."

"Where I read it said it's impossible to find books about magic in libraries?"
"Modern Libraries, yes, this library has been around for generations. Well, since the 1900s at least."

"That's really cool that you're interested in stuff like that."

"Thank you, but who wouldn't be? It's so cool! I'd kill to have magic."